Twenty

"Hey!" He manage to say, as he sits on her bed.

"Why are you here?" She sniffs, as she sat up.

"I was just pissed that I couldn't help, I didn't mean to make you cry" he uses his thumb to clean her tears.

"I feel really bad, Merit was my friend too" she cries more.

"Hey" moving closer to her, he pulls her to his embrace "I'm sorry, we just have to find a way soon, they are going to keep coming and it's going to get really suspicious"

She stares at him "and you are going to blame me?"

"No! I promise" he stares at her lips. "You make me feel a kind of way I can't describe"

"How?"

He presses his lips against hers and kisses her, she smiles.

He stares at her, then place a kiss on her forehead "I should get going"

"No! The school will probably shut down tomorrow again, please don't leave" she pouts.

He hugs her "Okay!"

"How is Vee?"

"She was given sleeping pills, she can't handle it for now"

"If only sleep can take the pains away"

He lies on the bed, holding her close to himself as she lays on his chest.

****
Tina and Thomson stood by their parent room door eavesdropping;

"Autopsy says she was stabbed, she bled a lot too, yet no one was seen" Mrs Kennedy says.

"This time it was even broad daylight" Mr Kennedy replies, as her gulps down a glass of water "I think it's the witches"

"Why Ruby university then? Not even random places in Ruby"

"They definitely have a catch there and we need to fish them out!"

Thomson mistakenly steps on Tina, she almost screams. He held her mouth and pulls her away. Their parent hears their noise, Mrs Kennedy rushes to the door, she looks left and right, it was cleared;

"Someone was here" She whispers.

"Witches?!! What the hell are they saying?" Thomas shot

"Are you dumb? For them to say it with such sincerity. They've probably met one" Tina says "I think we should find the witch"

"Tina! This isn't some sort of child's play. If there is truly a witch, she has just killed two people in our school"

"Then, we should find her and kill her too!"

*****

Vee sits quietly in the parlor, Mr Houston sits with her;

"My love!" He says

"Dad" she says in what seem like whisper.

"She was stabbed, but no one saw who even the CCTV. Her parents wants to lay her to rest, they don't think the police can do anything about it"

Kim walks down the stairs.

"When is she coming?" Vee ask.

"Who?" Mr Houston ask almost confused.

"Merit, she didn't say goodbye. Our besties code 005, never leave without telling me where you are going"

Mr Houston pulls her to his embrace "Baby, it's okay"

"She didn't tell me!" Vee begins to cry uncontrollably "she didn't, now I blame myself, I should have followed her to go get the purse, she begged me too, I shouldn't have let her go" she sights Kim. She quickly goes to hug him, Mrs Houston comes out from the kitchen, she stares sadly;

"Kim, Merit was my only friend, she listened to everything I had to say, she stood by me Everytime. Can't you save her? She can't be gone!!" Vee cried into his chest, he holds her close;

"There are witches in town!" Kim announce to them. "They came for you Vee! I don't know how table turned and it happened to Merit instead, a lot is going on right now and I think we should be more focused on how to keep ourselves safe"

"Witches??" Mrs Houston exclaims "Kim, how the hell do you know this?"

"Mom—"

"Kim, you weren't supposed to get associate with the supernaturals!" She shot

"I didn't, I promise. It just happened" he tries to explain.

"It just happened Kim! Really?? Wasn't this what Ray was always warning us about?" Mr Houston shot.

"Dad" Kim swallows hard "I can't run from my nature forever, it would come for me no matter how far I go"

"There are different ways to escape, son! and one of which is never exposing it!"

"My hair has already exposed me! How do I explain I shave off my hair tonight and it's out the next day?!" He lets go of Vee "Vee, you have to strong for me" he kisses her forehead and walks out.

>>>>>

Kat enters his car, she stares at his frowning face;

"You are two hours late yet you are here with this long face" she pout.

"Sorry, family drama!" He says starting up his engine, looking up to the building, he sees the twins sending him glares. "I hope these two likes me soon"

Kat looks up and waves at them, Marvel looks away while Marvins waves back, Kim drives away.

"He is definitely going to be their next target" Marvins says.

"Serves him right" Marvel says not caring.

"Bro! Kim isn't that bad, it's in the nature of invincibles to be pompous"

"Well, fuck him! Reached out to Vee yet?"

"Nope, her phone is switched off"

"We need to go see her"

"Merit!" Marvins shook his head "I'm definitely going to miss her"

Kat puts her head outside the car window for the breeze to touch her face. She turns to Kim;

"You could have actually teleport instead, that's our fastest means" she says

"My parents would have eaten me up" He replies, focused on the road.

"I wish everyday that in my next life I get this parent feel, family drama and meet you" she chuckles, he stares at her "And we would be human, having our not so perfect life and difference"

He places his fingers into hers and sends her an assuring smile.

"What would you want to do in your next life?" She ask

"Never thought about it"

They alight few meters away from Ruby university, they stood together;

"What's first?" Kim ask.

"Find the killer and not get found" she replies. "I hope my so called power works" closing her eyes she holds his hand, opening her eyes they shone blue.

They appear on the rooftop, Kat sits on the floor, She began to see events of how Jun and Chief knight entered the school and how Jun and Merit killed.

Kim began to hear whispers and chuckles walking up the stairs, He rushes to check.

Behold, Tina and Thomson.

Turning to see lost Kat, fear grips him.