Seven

"Sister in law!!!" Vee shouts on seeing Kat and the twins walking out of their class. Kat stares at her, but ignores, not imagining Vee was calling out too. Vee and her best friend, Merit, runs to catch up with Kat.

"Hi, sister in law" Vee says to Kat with a smile.

Kat fake smiles "Sister in law??"

"You never told us you are married?" Marvins says with a chuckle.

"I'm not! She's just my grandma's customer daughter" Kat says

"Yeah, but I already told you, you are so beautiful and will be my brother's wife" Vee says.

"Yes!" Merit screeches

Marvel place his hand over Kat's shoulders "Well, we will have to screen your brother first"

Kat rolls her eyes

"You will love him!!!" Merit says gleefully

"Yesss!!! Well, I'm Veronica, Vee for short" she says stretching out her hands to shake Katherine.

"I'm Katherine" Kat smiles

"Cat for short! As in meeeoooww" Marvins says making cat noise. They laugh, Kat hits his head "ow!! I'm Marvins anyway" shaking hands with Vee and Merit.

"I'm Marvel" he waves at them.

"Twins!!!" Vee and Merit chorus in glee.

"Well, I'm Merit, Vee's bestie"

Vee nods with a smile.

"Join us, we are going to have lunch" Marvins says. They begin to walk ahead;

"You two are so identical, how do we know Marvins and Marvel?" Vee ask

"The calm one is Marvel, the talkative is Marvins" Kat laughs.

Vee smiles at her.

*****

Kim and his friends sat in the cafeteria having lunch;

"Way forward then, what are you going to do?" Kim ask Kyle.

"Attend the wedding!" Kyle says

"Have you gone nuts?" Jamie shot at him.

"What am I supposed to do then? He has made his decisions, I can't impose mine on him. Truthfully, I didn't return home for the holidays" Kyle shot

"What?!" Jamie shot again, he stared at calm Kim "He told you?"

"No!" Kim replies "I'm not surprised because what do you expect of Kyle?"

"Don't blame me Jamie! Home is where you go and be at peace, my home place troubles in my heart, and I've got no siblings" Kyle takes his glass of water and gulps it down. "Mom is out of the country, sure! She doesn't care anymore, and Dad—Dad is getting married"

Kim pats Kyle's shoulders "You can't be alone in this period, and stop acting like you are fine when you are not. My home is opened to you!"

"So is mine!" Jamie smiles at him.

"I'm so emotional right now" he cleans fake tears "I want to cry"

They chuckle.

Thomson and his boys, Samson, Rain and Joseph joins their table;

"Hi brothers!" Thomson smiles, almost taking Kim's fries, Kim hit his hand. Thomson chuckles "Can you be friendly for once?"

"What do you want?" Kim shot.

"Well, going straight to the point. It's another semester for sports competition , we need you back on the team" Thomson says.

"Is that you admitting you can't win without Kim?" Kyle chuckles

"We don't need him actually, the coach wanted us to try and convince him to get back on the team and that's exactly what we are doing, trying!" Joseph shot.

"Of course we know he is not going to get back, we are going to prove it to you that we can actually win without you!" Thomson says finally picking Kim's fries and chewing.

Kat and her new friends walk in talking and laughing loudly, Thomson turns, then every one of them on the table. Tina notice from the table where she sat, she frowns;

"I so hate this girrrll!!!" She says in anger.

"From what I've seen, she hasn't done anything wrong" Roselyn says as she eats her food.

"Wow! Wonderfully made...!" Thomson smiles while he stares seductively at Kat who is laughing over what Vee is saying.

Jamie hits the table "Thank you for joining us!"

Thomson glares at them "yeah!! We have football trainings to do" he chuckles as they walk away.

"Looks like Thomson got his eyes on her too!" Kyle says as he stares at Kat

"I hope she's able to save herself from their bully" Jamie says. He stares at Kim, who has his eyes fixed on Katherine as thoughts flood his mind. Jamie taps Kyle to see Kim;

"Do you like her too?" Kyle whispers in Kim's ear. Kim turns to him with a frown;

"Who?!" He shot, then turns to them "Stop asking me that question!"

"I haven't seen you stare at any girl like that before" Kyle says wiggling his brow at Kim.

Vee sights them "Bro!!!" She waves in glee.

"Oh Shitt!!!" Kim mutters, wishing he could just disappear.

Kyle quickly waves back with a smile, he winks at Kat, she smiles at him.

"Smiler!" Jamie chuckles

"She is an happy fellow" Kyle says.

Vee leaves her table to meet them;

"Have you three met my sister in law?" Vee ask

"Sister in law??" They chorus

"Your future wife, Kim!!" Vee giggles "she's a perfect match for you!"

Kyle burst into laughter, Jamie joins.

"Sister in law, Katherine !!" Vee calls out to Kat.

"Is that her name?" Kyle smiles

Everyone in the cafeteria stares, Katherine looks up, her eyes locks with Kim.