Thirteen

"....The body being identified as Iris Charis, popular YouTube creator and dancer—" Mr Kennedy switches off the Tv news. He turns to Thomson and Tina;

"Any idea of who could have done that to her?" He ask. They shook their heads in response.

"Funny how the CCTV didn't capture it, well your school has been lockdown for the next one week. I will also run my investigations, get to your rooms!!" He shot. They hurriedly leave, he looks through the window, he sees Katherine running into her house.

****

Kim sat on his bed with thoughts running through his mind mostly Katherine. Ray appears;

"Dad!" Kim says

"I fear the troubles yet to come" Ray says

"You know who did it?"

"Of course son" Ray chuckles "But, that's none of your business"

"Not again dad! I demand to know"

"Then do what?"

"Dad—"

"As far as I am concerned you are not getting yourself involved in anything supernatural"

"Then, I will find answers myself"

"You will get yourself killed too! Why not get yourself a girlfriend and worryless about unimportant things"

Kim stares at him with side eyes "we are done with this conversation dad!"

Vee rushes in, Ray was still sitted but she couldn't see him;

"Bro! Charis story is on the news, School is going to be shut down in the next one week for further investigation" She says

"Tragic!" Kim says staring at his father "I will get to the root"

*******

Kat walks to and fro her room with thoughts flooding her mind. Memories of how Julian's head was chopped off kept crossing her mind, she relates it with Charis death;

"Could it be they killed her too? Did they find me?" Fear grips Kat as she thoughts.

There is a knock on her door, she quickly drinks a glass of water and tries to get herself together while she opens up the door;

"Hi grandmaa" She fake smiles

"Grandma?" Mrs Vincent chuckles

"That's what humans says"

"I know baby, I have some fruits for you to deliver" Mrs Vincent says walking down the stairs.

"Ohh!!" Kat hurriedly follows her "Where at?"

"Just two places"

"Alright"

"News today says Ruby university might be shut down until they find the killers of the young girl"

"It's really tragic, heard she had so many followers on social media, I wonder how they'd live with never seeing her content again" Kat says sadly.

"You are speaking of her followers" Mrs Vincent chuckles "What about her parents?"

"True!!"

"Life happens in the most unexpected ways, you never asked how I coped with your father's death?"

"I don't even have the courage too? My mother's mistake cause so many problems for us"

"You can't keep blaming your mom for everything"

"I will forever! She knew the consequences yet fell for a human"

"Love is something you can't control, Katherine"

"How did my father die?"

"He was struck by lightning in his room, I heard a loud scream and he was gone instantly"

"And grandpa?"

Mrs Vincent sighs "He couldn't handle the pain of losing his only child, got terribly sick and died months after"

Kat wipe the tears that almost fell from her eyes, she sighs "where am I delivering the fruits too"

****

Riding her bicycle, tears filled her eyes, all she wanted at the moment is a heart to heart talk with her mother. She is going to deliver fruits to the local parts of Ruby, passing through a lonely path, she sees a lady on black apparel walks out of a wall. Fear grips her, but she acts like she didn't see anyone.

The lady, Lady Liz stares at Kat's bicycle and it's tyre got flat instantly. Kat got down and began to push the bicycle frustrated, the lady began to gleefully follow her, she tries her best to ignore while anger began to build inside her.

Lady Liz appears beside the bicycle and picks an apple, she began to chew. Kat pauses and stare at her;

"If you are hungry you could have said so, not steal from someone!" Kat shot angrily.

"You can see me?" Liz shot almost in shock.

"Of course!" Kat shot dragging the apple from Liz "Thief!!"

"How dare you!!!!!" Liz holds Kat neck tight, her eyes turning crystal clear, the bicycle falls, they appear close to the wall, she pushes Kat to hit the wall, holding her neck tight, Kat struggles "How dare you!!! Who do you think you are??"

"Le—et go!" Kat struggle to speak.

"I'm going to end you today, you fool!!!"

Kat holds Liz neck too, her eyes turn blue, Liz begins to cough and her body getting weak, Kat turns her to hit the wall;

"Let's see who dies now!!" Kat slaps her. Liz coughs out blood and disappears.

Kat looks around for her, seeing no one she goes back to her bicycle.