Epilogue

Chapter song - War Of Hearts by Ruelle

"Jordan made his choices and they were awful- I know that now." April spoke, her voice carrying across the Chapel. "He was so brave and so strong... he deserved a better life, a better death."

We all did.

April carefully watched her surroundings. Jade Simone wiped her tears on a borrowed handkerchief that was carefully given by Evans Golding. As he looked up at her, she admitted defeat. "It should have been better."

"And I have hope for the next generation in our changed town that the worst they will ever have to receive is the prickle from thorns, those wild shattered things. Perhaps we all are broken inside from the events but we must move forward."

"For Jordan, for Red Fitz." and with that April glanced at Ruby who was smiling slightly in the back, it was the first time that April saw Ruby being genuine. She didn't have to hide behind the society norms anymore. She could do and be anything she wanted to and that was the biggest win she had ever accomplished.

April tried to think of words to say but nothing changed the fact people died, there were casualties and in one universe, she pleaded guilty for murder. She was lucky Ruby came and helped when she did because who knows... she might have ended up on the Isle of Shelburne.

"We must move on. For it is the only thing we know how to do."

April looks down at the podium then looks up and notices the crowd has raised their hands, flaunting the rebels sign, a peace sign, most known to the public when they were children. But they weren't children anymore. They were four people that simply existed. And that was a very great thing to be.

*

As Rhye glanced through the cell doors, confining him to his small room. He turned his gaze to the window as fireworks suddenly erupted into the sky. He scoffed silently to himself.

"Congratulations, April Wren." Rhye notes. "You've done it."

Though the war was far from over, Rhye relished in the fact he was a part of it. Partially the part that made sane.

"Let the wolf sing," his cellmate chanted, holding up a peace sign.

"The wolves." Rhye turned his glance. "Let the wolves sing."

End of Book One