Waiting ☁️

Fluff -☁️- , Angst -🌟- , Modern -♦-

AN: i wrote this for a teacher in school for ELA, enjoy this ig

----------------------------------------------------

Xiao laid upon the roof of Wangshu Inn, the place he'd grown to call his home, or resting point. Though, he was an Adeptus and Yaksha. He doesn't particularly need the rest, but.. there is someone whom he looks forward to seeing. Love, it's such a silly thing. Love has no need in a person's life, much less to a Yaksha like Xiao. But his heart flutters and his stomach does flips when he sees the Traveler, at first, he didn't understand why, but.. Morax had told him that it's love. Whatever that means. Xiao isn't the best at emotions, he'd grown up learning to neglect his own feelings, after all. He heard the little tapping of shoes as well as the panting of someone out of breath, it sounded like the person was rushing up the stairs. There was a small squeaky voice that sounded like they said "I'll wait at the room you booked, Traveler! Tell Xiao I said 'hi'," the high-pitched voice said. Xiao's heart started racing again when he heard the mention of Traveler's.. no, Aether's name. He waited for a moment, to see if the blonde traveler would appear and call for him. As the blondie ran up to the balcony of Wangshu Inn, he immediately called out. "Xiao!" He yelled, hoping the raven-haired boy would appear. "I'm up here, no need to yell," Xiao said, looking down at Aether and then back up to the star-filled sky. Aether let out a small sigh, a smile engraving his face as he jumped up to the roof of the Inn to join Xiao. There wasn't much talking done, occasionally Xiao would ask Aether how he was, and Aether would share a story or two of his adventures, but overall; they didn't talk much. It was always like this, but it felt right. It was a comfortable silence and both loved it. "Hey Xiao," Aether began, "Do you think we'll still visit this place together, in the future I mean?" "Why do you ask?" Xiao questioned, cocking a brow. "Well- not that it's really that serious, I just wanted to know your answer!" Aether replied, humming softly as if telling Xiao to answer. Xiao just sighed softly, taking a moment to find the right words before replying. "Well, it really depends on how far into the future. A few centuries? No. I don't think so, but, maybe a few years. After we settle together perhaps? I wouldn't mind that." He said, giving a tiny small to Aether. That answer seemed to satisfy the blond traveler as he leaned over to rest his head on the shorter male's shoulder, content to just sit in silence as they watched the night sky slowly fade back to morning.

"Oh right! I almost forgot, Paimon says 'hi'."
"I know. I heard the insufferable sound of that flying rats voice."
"Haha, that's mean, Xiao."
"It made you laugh."
"Oh, shut up."