Latté Enlighten ☕

Diya' s mom has been suffering from cancer for a year and half and since then it has been a tough journey for the couple to stay together. Dev and Diya are almost inseparable when together. Both are physically intimate people but that doesn't mean the emotional side is left estranged. It's a balance between both the spheres of romance.
Love bloomed between them and so did challenges. It wasn't the best of situations for them to stay together.
They met in a café well to be precise Dev's café and all started with a cup of an extra coffee. The very famous Latté, also Diya's favourite beverage. The talk started from Dev offering Diya an extra cup of Latté which he said was on the house as it was raining heavily outside.
Diya was a mere history major college student and certainly an extra hundred buck coffee was too much for her to afford for a struggling student.
When she was humbly requested by the owner of the café she couldn't say no and all thanks to her brother who was a big mouth.
Diya was allergic to rain, literally. Going out and getting drenched felt too painful for her but already her cup of Latté had ended long back. Waiting there and having nothing didn't seem good.
But the owner had different intention. All well though!
Dev was 29 years old, almost 9 years age gap. Well that never stopped both the wild hearts!
Dev looked too young to be 29 and diya looked too old to be 20. He was a handsome, tall man and had a good hold of his words. He was the perfect definition of poise. He was responsible and sometimes intimidating. He was mature and grounded. He loved to talk and know others. He enjoyed life and tried living it to the fullest.
While diya was a little opposite. She was quiet, minded her own business. She looked too small infront of dev. But one thing that connected both was pain. Both were broken in their own way.

Rain and Latté were the cupids of their love story.

Present Day

Diya had finally returned from her Mumbai trip with her mother. Keeping her at her home she decided to leave for Adiyarth kunj, the couple's abode.
The past five months have been very hectic for them. They could hardly be together. There was no intimacy. Dev and Diya both were busy in their respective work.
Hence, Diya had finally decided to end their celibacy today. She was already out for so many days and their fight didn't really help.
Both knew that they loved each other madly but the situation turned it bitter. Their lack of communication irked diya, she felt less important and not loved. But even then deep down she knew it was meaningless. Dev was connected to her in a way that he couldn't love less.
He just loved. He was her solace and vice versa. So this had to end. This lack of communication. Lack of intimacy has to end.

Parking her car in the garage, she entered the patio, hoping her husband would open the door for her but reaching in front of the she saw no one. The door was closed. Weird.
This never happened before. No matter what happened Dev always made sure to open the door for her whenever she comes from somewhere.
She ringed the bell. No sign of him.
Heaving a sigh. She found the key behind the potted plant. Opening the door, she thought it would be cold but instead she was welcomed with warm.
He had switched on the heater. Where was he? She wondered.
She came inside with her luggage and immediately went towards the dining table to drink water.
She found the glass filled with Lukewarm water. Typical Dev. Dev had a devotion towards music so cold water in winter was a big no no.
She smiled and drank it in a go. Sitting down on the chair she found a red rose, freshly plucked from their garden and a letter.

Diya,
I know you must be wondering where I am. I know I always welcome you I am sorry love. We ran out of groceries. I know I know you must be cursing me thinking about how you had told me from before. I can't keep you hungry right. I will be back real soonish till then go freshen up lazy goose. The geyser is on and your clothes and towel are on the bed. Stop your cheeky smile. After shower I have a surprise for you.
Now hurry up Jaan
I love you
Dev