Instagram

I was in my 8th grade, approximately 16 , when I first opened an instagram account. Jimin had one since he was 13. 3 years of pestering and I finally decided to open one.

But Jimin wasn't the first one whom I followed on insta, it was Jungkook.

Jungkook had over 3k followers even at that time. That's a big issue for a student who hasn't even passed his high school level.

But Jungkook was a different case. He started playing backer ball and judo classes only when he was in 4th grade, so by the time we were in 8th grade, he was like the superstar of our school.
And it wasn't only for his handsome and super cool psyche or structure. He was popular also because he was the best of the bests in our school. A pro basketball player, a medal winning judo player and the winner for 5 consecutive years of our student's president figure in our school, and to top that he had the most perfect grades. He was like a straight out of manga character.

I have always seen him from afar. We were not practically strangers after that birthday party of mine. But we were not the best friends also. I have seen him winning medals, crushing school debates like a pro, handling the serious cases as the president figure from the student committee and of course, my favourite, winning countless matches against other schools when he was the only playing the basketball match.

I always attended each and every main events of his life, just to see him smile and win. It made me proud, made me happy and I couldn't help falling more in love with him.

But that's all. I never went face to face to congratulate him or never went to his after parties. Only saw him from afar and prayed for him.

Becuz I always knew he was out of my league.

So when I first opened insta, the first person I followed was him.

He profile was filled with his gym routines, basket ball practices and judo classes. There were some pics of him with his friend circle as well. And then there were some special event memories that he attended as the president.

The surprising thing is, although he had over 3k followers, he never followed anyone himself. Not even Jimin or any of his friends. His following list was 0.

I went through all his insta pics and liked them. He would never find me among the millions of likes he gets on each posts. So again I'll be the one admiring him from afar.

I smiled as I found my post favourite pic on his instagram.