Exam Days

Tae clutched the cloth over her chest, feeling her heart beat furiously as she posed the question to Jungkook over the phone.''But Kook... is that okay?''

She heard a sigh before he responded,''There's no other way, Tae. I need to do this, and I'm not alone. Jackson and Kai are also here, although they're not doing what they're supposed to and just lying on the floor, crying.''

That brought a small smile to Tae's lips; it sounded exactly like something they would do.Earlier that day, Jungkook and his team had a crucial match, which they won. However, the rigorous practice leading up to the match had taken a toll on their studies, especially with the semester finals looming just a day away. Consequently, the entire team had decided to pull an all-nighter at the library to catch up on their studies.

Initially, it had just been Jungkook heading to the library for a study session. While he was laid-back by nature, compromising on his commitment to 'win'—whether in basketball, student council elections, or a regular semester test—was not something he took lightly. So, when he returned to the library with his bag slung over his shoulder, his teammates wisely followed suit. Among the team, it was often said, 'I might make wrong decisions, but Captain JK never does!'

However, the exhaustion from the match was palpable. Most of the team lay on the floor, half-asleep, trying to study with drooping eyes. Only Jungkook remained at a desk, diligently poring over his notes. Even the librarian had succumbed to sleep at her own desk, pen in one hand and a marble in the other, ready to throw it at anyone snoring on the floor—though she was the loudest snorer of them all.

Now, back to Taekook.

Jungkook had informed Tae about his plan to stay at the library overnight for a study session. Despite Tae's initial eagerness to accompany him, Jungkook insisted she return home and rest, seeing the state of his exhausted teammates. Knowing she couldn't change his mind, Tae acquiesced and headed back.

But now, after their phone call, Tae was almost certain that Jungkook hadn't eaten his dinner.She glanced at the clock. It was 12:45 am. 

Her heart ached at the thought; Jungkook had a hearty appetite, a natural trait given his athletic prowess. For him to have missed dinner could only mean one thing: he was too engrossed in his studies to take a break and eat.

She stood there in the darkness, even after the call had ended.

What if she cooked for him?

And his teammates—perhaps a meal would help energize them too?

With determination in her eyes, illuminated by the soft glow of her phone screen, Tae made a decision.''Dialing Cimmy...'"