ఌ︎ 𝐬𝐢𝐱

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵛⁱ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵛⁱ

   percy wasn't having the best days lately.

if it weren't for grover, he would hate every second he's at school —except maybe when he's with mr. brunner. given to his dyslexia ans ADHD, his time at school wasn't really exciting. plus, some people might say he's a trouble kid, and sure, he could agree.

coming back home wasn't exactly a moment of joy either. because the first picture he'd see would be his stepfather, gabe, being a disgusting and complete idiot to his mother.

his mom. sally. she was his favorite part of the day. if he was having a bad day —which happens a lot— she would be the only one who could make him feel better.

as if his luck at school wasn't enough, given to all the trouble he had caused, he wouldn't be invited back next year to yancy academy.

right now, he was at the cabin in montauk he and his mom used to go. for two summers, they couldn't go because gabe saud there wasn't enough money. however, this year, his mom convinced him. percy loved to go there because: a) he got to spend time with his mom, and b) he wouldn't see his stepfather's face.

however, lately there was another thing bothering him. you'll see, since percy was little, he could see things that other people couldn't, at least that's what he told himself. with time, he got used to ignoring those strange events.

the thing is, the last days at school weren't exactly what you'd call ordinary.

long story short, there's this girl called nancy —not percy's favorite person. he's used to her messing with him and grover, but he was getting tired of it. he's not sure what happened, he doesn't remember touching her, but she ended up falling on the fountain. she said that he pushed him, which he didn't he's almost sure he didn't.

but that wasn't the strange part. right after that, he had a weird interaction woth mrs. dodds, his pre-algebra teacher. it's kinda hard to explain. but he could swear he saw her turn into this horrible monster with terrifying wings. he doesn't remember exactly what happened, since it happened so fast. but it ended up with his teacher turned into dust. at first, he thought it was oart of his imagination, and you can imagine his confusion when everybody —including grover— told him there was no mrs. dodds at the school. but he was sure she was real, se had to be.

he still has no idea what happened. but that's not the only thing worrying him. he was definitely confused when he heard his best friend, grover, and his favorite teacher, mr. brunner, talk about him. grover spoke to the man about how worried he was about percy. he said something about a summer solstice deadline and looking for kindly ones, things that percy didn't understand.