ఌ︎ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣˣ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣˣ

everyone was excited about the celebration. lina was still nervous about how the events would go that night, but she couldn't help but feel happy about being back at camp.

in the last couple of hours, everyone seemed to be on their own business. lina practiced archery with milo for a while, one of the main things she missed about camp. then, when she returned to her cabin, she saw percy and milo talking. to her, milo was one of the most amiable people she had met, so she knew he would get along with percy eventually.

right now, she was at her cabin. sitting at her desk, she let herself drown in her book and decided to have a time for herself before the celebration starts.

she didn't realize that someone was knocking on her door until she heard a voice. "care?" percy spoke from the other side. "are you there?"

she closed her book and headed to the door. once she opened it, she found percy standing in front of her, a soft smile on his lips. "hey." she said. "come in."

the boy stepped into the cabin, glancing around, taking a look to the familiar walls. "milo seems like a nice guy." he says.

"oh, yeah, totally." she nodded. "i'm glad you two can get along. he really is a good guy."

"right." he agreed letting out a sight.

"um..." she crossed her arms. "you- uh, have you heard anything from your mom?"

he took a deep breath before answering. "no, but i believe hades will return her."

"good." she pressed her lips together. "i'm really so-"

"don't." he shook his head. "i already told you it's not your fault." he told her. "i- i actually came here to see if you were doing okay."

"uh, yeah, why?"

"it's just that... since we left the underworld, i feel like- i don't know, maybe whatever happened with mason..." she swallowed and moved uncomfortable on her spot, looking down at her hands. "i'm sorry, i don't mean to..." he trails off. "i just wanted to make sure everything was okay."

lina took her time to speak. she let out a long sigh, now sitting on her bed. percy remained standing, watching her every move. "i'm sorry i wasn't very open about things with you." she finally said. "i do trust you, percy. i know i said it was hard for me to talk and open to people, but i consider you my friend."

the boy licked his lips. he hesitated, but he took a step forward and sat next to her on the bed. "you don't really need to tell me anything. i know it's hard." he told her.