ఌ︎ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣⁱⁱⁱ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣⁱⁱⁱ

when lina and percy reached the lobby, annabeth was already there.

"annabeth, there you are." lina said. "when did you leave the room?"

"just when he said he wouldn't help us." she replied.

"listen, we have a huge problem." percy told her, earning her attention. "i know it seems like we've only been here for like 20 minutes, but it's already thursday. we've been here for days." annabeth frowned, her concern expression growing as the boy spoke. "time moves differently here. faster. every second in here is like minutes outside."

"hermes let you sit at that table the whole time, knowing the clock was running out on our quest." annabeth said.

"yes."

"then i feel a lot better about having stolen his keys."

"exactly." percy nodded, realizing seconds after what she had said. "wait, what?"

the girl raised the key chain. "before i leave the room, i picked his pocket."

lina smiled widely. "you're absolutely amazing."

annabeth returned the smile. "now, all we have to do is find his car and it'll instantly transport us anywhere we wanna go. we still have time to finish this quest before the solstice, if we hurry."

"hermes told us something else." percy said. "the reason we can't feel time passing is because of the lotus fruit."

"we didn't eat any lotus fruit." annabeth shook her head.

"they pump it into the air." lina told her. "it makes you forget."

"hermes reminded us there was something we needed to do before we could leave." percy mumbled.

lina frowned, the blurry pictures running through her mind. "grover." she managed to say.

"who's grover?" annabeth furrowed her eyebrows.

she glanced around, searching for anything that would give her a hint of what she was looking for. and then she saw him. another satyr.