ఌ︎ 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣⁱˣ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣⁱˣ

   in the morning, the four of them went to have breakfast —grover was starving when he woke up. now, they were sitting at their table on the train. grover was sitting by the window beside annabeth, lina and percy were sitting next to each other in front of them, more specifcally, the girl in front of annabeth and the boy in front of grover.

"two days until we reach los angeles." grover said. "plenty of time before our deadline to reach the underworld."

"can i ask a dumb question?" percy spoke.

"wouldn't be the first time." lina said towards him. "go for it."

"i've never been to los angeles before. i'm guessing neither of you have been to los angeles. so, how will we have any idea where we're going?"

"no idea." grover shruggs. "but that's like step 37, and we're still on step four. cross that bridge when we get there."

"follow-up stupid question." percy said.

"dude." annabeth let out a sigh.

"'and you shall fail to save what matters most in the end.'" he quoted. "back in jersey, i told you the oracle said this quest would fail. and no one's mentioned it since. seems like something we oughta be taking a little more serious—" he stopped talking when he noticed lina beside him looking at something outside in awe. he frowned and looked at the window, following her gaze. "hey, look at that. are those...?"

"centaurs." lina smiled softly.

percy glanced around, finding everyone minding their own business. "no one even knows they're there."

"there used to be herds of them everywhere." grover said.

"what happened to them?" the blonde asked.

"humans." the satyr mumbled. "a few thousand years ago, the god of the wild, pan, disappeared. and ever since, without pan, to protect the natural world, humans have been trying really hard to chip away at it."

"the bravest satyrs volunteer to become searchers, trying to find pan." lina tells him, before looking at grover. "none have ever returned."