ఌ︎ 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁱˣ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁱˣ

   "this is useless." percy sighs. "i get that you want me to learn about this world, but i don't want to. i don't know how to read ancient greek, and i certainly don't care about" he looked at the book on his hand to read the title "the most interesting facts about astrology." he said, now returning his eyes to the girl beside him.

for a few days, as percy was trying to fit in at camp, lina's been giving him greek lessons and telling him about myths. right now, they were sitting at a bench beside one of the cabins. she didn't tell him it was her cabin, though. she didn't know why she had suddenly the urge to hide who her mother was, but percy seemed to understand it wasn't something she wanted to talk about, so he didn't ask.

"percy," she rolls her eyes "do you realize you just read that in greek?"

percy frowns, looking back at the book. "oh."

"percy, we don't have to read about astrology, it's just for you to practice your reading. greek is easier than english for us. maybe you didn't notice, but you can understand it." the boy let out a sigh as he returned his attention to the book. "capture the flag is on friday, maybe then you'll find something you're good at." percy looked at her with a his eyebrows raised. "i mean— that's not what i meant. i just..." she sighs. "just keep reading, jackson." the boy let out a soft laugh, amused at the sight of the girl beside him.

"so, everyone here has a thing?"

"i mean, sure, you can say that. it also depends a lot of who your god parent is. sometimes it takes time to find your thing." she explains.

"yeah, i have to find a way to get my father to notice me somehow."

"well, do you feel familiar with any of the many things that the gods represent?"

"is there a god of disappointment?"

she glared at him. "percy, you just got here. take your time. there's a lot of people here that can help you, and most of them are friendly." she shruggs.

"what about you?" he asks, catching her off guard.

"what?"

"well, i know nothing about you. i mean, do people actually make friends here or are you just helping because i'm new?"