ఌ︎ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣᵛⁱⁱ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣᵛⁱⁱ

   lina tried to catch her breath as the walls seemed to be closer every time. she could still remember the feeling of percy's fingertips carressing hers.

she narrowed her eyes, glancing around. she was still at hades' palace. the room was smaller, she didn't remember how she got there. the lord of the dead probably did something to her, she just didn't know what.

"you didn't think i'd let you go that easily, did you?" she heard mason's voice.

she was on the floor, and as she tried to clear her view, she saw him approaching her.

"how...?" she didn't finish her question, but he seemed to understand it anyway.

"i gave you the directions to the underworld. don't you think i know how to come in?" he said as she sat on the floor rubbing her eyes. "i came here before you. it was easy to deceive charon."

"so you conviced the lord of the dead to not kill you just so you could kill me?"

"yeah, you could say that." he shruggs. "i guess he's not a fan of yours either." he tilts his head. "but i don't wanna kill you, carolina. i mean, i don't have to. it's up to you."

"oh, really?" she raised her eyebrows. "then i'll choose the option where i stay alive, how does that sound?"

he shakes his head in amusement. "bold of you to treat me like that." he narrows his eyes at her as she stands up, resting her back on the wall behind her. "you know, maybe i won't have to kill you. maybe i just have to give you a lesson, and then i'll let hades take care of you."

she stares at him for a moment, and she can't help but feel sad. he was just a kid. a kid who lost his brother, the only one he had left, because of her. in a way, she understood him. but she felt worse because of what she had made of him. he wanted revenge. after all, hades was right. she ruined him.

"mason, i'm sorry." she mumbles. "i know you won't forgive me. but you're just a kid. you're not supposed to be doing this. you're supposed to live your life, grow up, have fun. and i am so sorry that i took that away from you." her vision was blurry, but it wasn't because of the weak state she was in, it was because if she didn't remain calm, she was going to cry right there.