ఌ︎ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣⁱˣ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣⁱˣ

when lina, annabeth and grover arrived at camp, they were relieved to feel welcome. lina was greatful for everyone's concern and interest in the quest, but she just wanted to go to her cabin and sleep for the rest of the day.

however, it seemed like even though they were already home, problems still followed them. lina landed her eyes on clarisse, who was staring at her from afar as she talked with a guy from the ares cabin.

"what is she doing here?" lina whispered to annabeth as they walked.

the girl at her side frowned and followed her stare. "i don't know." she said before looking over at grover, who was confused as well. "let's talk to luke."

as if the universe heard her, they saw luke heading towards them. "guys!" he smiled widely. "congratulations! you did it."

"yeah, well, the job is not exactly done yet, percy-" grover started to explain, but when he saw his friend's eyes on him, he shook his head. "thanks, luke, we're really happy we got out of this alive." he finally said.

lina smiled softly at the satyr, rubbing her hand against his arm gently. "hey, luke?" she said turning to him. "what happened with clarisse?"

"right." he nodded. "we should talk, alone."

"okay." lina sighed, she had a bad feeling. "we can go to my cabin."

the four of them headed to cabin eight, where everything was just as the girl remembered. she tried to focus on the main situation, but she couldn't help but allow herself to enjoy those warm walls surround her again.

"what happened?" annabeth asked once the door was closed. "does chiron know?"

"no." luke replied. "i was going to tell him, but i figured it wouldn't be very smart. guys, i believe you, but we have no proof that clarisse is the lightning thief. and it would only cause panic in camp." his friends nodded, understanding his point. "if percy makes it, when he comes back, we can tell chiron. it's pointless to do it now, it would only feed the war that's coming."

"percy's gonna stop the war." lina said. "we just have to wait."

luke nodded, and lina thought she saw him frown a little at her words. of course, it was weird that lina was so sure and optimist about something like this, since she had the tendency to be wary of absolutely everything. but it was clear that the events she went through last week had changed her. her friends had changed her. percy had changed her.