ఌ︎ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣ

   lina stared at the three old ladies. a shiver traveled down her spine as they met her eyes. she watched them knit as they stared at her without blinking.

"they're looking at us." she heard grover say.

"yeah." she mumbled without taking her eyes away from them.

"so we should probably get outta here, don't you think?" lina took a deep breath trying stay calm when she saw them cut the thread. fates. "dude, they're looking right at us."

"what?" she turned to grover.

annabeth pointed at the cops a few meters away from them with her head, and lina followed the gesture with her eyes. it was true. they were looking right at them.

"come on." she said. "let's go find percy." both of them stared at her with what lina recognized as concern. "he's alive. i know it." she told them. "he has to be."

annabeth and grover watched her as she took a deep breath. they both exchanged a look the girl couldn't decipher and then nodded towards her.

they headed to the river, looking around at every spot searching for the boy. they called him multiple times, hoping he would appear at their sight.

lina's concern was growing each second, her breathing faster as she walked. although her heart almost skips a beat when she sees the blonde boy climb from the river. he was completely wet, yet he looked better than the last time they saw him.

all three of them froze, watching as he waved softly at them. "hi." lina slowly started walking towards him, like she wasn't sure if this was real —if he was real. "look, i'm sorry about tricking you and shoving you in the stairwell." she stared at him in awe, concern and confusion all at once as she rushed her steps. "even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but i just— i knew you'd never agree, and there wasn't enough time—"

she didn't let him finish. her arms wrapped around his neck, her chin resting on his shoulder, pulling him into a hug. she didn't even think through it. she didn't think about her clothes getting wet, she didn't think about how strange it was, she didn't care. she couldn't believe he was there.

she could tell he was taken aback by the gesture, but eventually felt his hand softly on her back, hugging her back. her breathing was calmer, her heartbeat now normal, and his awkward yet delicate touch comforted her. just when she felt his body relax under her touch, she quickly pulled away, slightly pushing him, his eyebrows frowning in confusion at the sudden change on her behavior. "don't do that ever again!" she told him. "you scared the hell out of me! i thought you died! do you have any idea how stupid that was?"