ఌ︎ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱ
ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠ
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣˣⁱ

ᵃᶜᵗ ⁱᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱᵉᶠᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˣˣˣⁱ

   lina placed the wet rag on milo's forehead. he didn't wake up, but he was better. he wasn't pale anymore, and he didn't seem to be in pain. every once in a while, she heard him mumble some nonsense.

it was getting dark, and for the last half hour lina's been taking care of him. the celebration was already starting, and it didn't take longer for the fireworks to start.

she watched as her friend moved against the bed sheets, his eyebrows furrowing. she put the cold rag on his forehead one more time, since he still felt hot. however, she completely froze when she felt him grab her hand.

"lina?" he mumbled.

the girl felt her heart skip a beat. "milo?" she whispered. he narrowed his eyes, just a little bit. but it was enough for her to smile. "miles, do you hear me?"

"lina..." he opened his eyes for a second, meeting her gaze. "i... the scorpion—"

"it's okay, don't say anything."

she was about to stand up and search for chiron, nate or anyone. but he held onto her hand. "lina, wait." he was starting to close his eyes again, it seemed like he was struggling, fighting to keep them open. "he did it."

"what?" she frowned.

"you have to stop him." he mumbled, and lina had to do her best to understand him. he was starting to fall asleep again. "percy..."

"what did you say?"

"he's going after percy." he opened his eyes again. "you have to go. now." she couldn't be more confused. "lina, please, go. stop him. if you don't, percy..."

"percy what?" he closed his eyes again. "milo?" no answer.

she stood up and walked out of the room as fast as she could. luckly, she spotted nate. she asked him to take care of milo while she was gone, and once he agreed, she searched for percy.

of course, she had no idea where to look. everyone was wandering through camp as they stared at the fireworks, there was no way to find him.

"lina, there you are." adele approached her. "how's milo?"

"um... he's— he's okay. have you seen percy?"