💙Inquiry💙

Narrator

Do losses make us change? Or was it really always us and we never realized it?

The people we decide to put in our lives are part of the individual history of each one of us. Sometimes, that bond becomes so intimate that they believe they have the freedom to enter our minds, our plans, our every breath. And say.."no, because I don't like it."

This for sure, they have lived it. Not being able to feel owners of their choices. Of everything that ever was only for you.

Francisco was a very quiet boy, most of his life he focused on doing what he could, not trying so hard and not trying to fail either. Rather, be between both. Being mediocre, in general terms according to the opinion of the neighbors.

Of course he never stopped being who he was, he lived one day at a time, and he was happy with his lack of routine. He believed that what was organized and planned in advance was always a factor that negatively influenced the life of any person. His philosophy was strange, maybe you think the same. Or maybe not.

If there was one thing he hated, it was Sundays. A day, or rather, a morning so unhappy for him. The tradition of the country, and more precisely, Argentina, is to attend church on weekends.Go on a Saturday? What lowliness, it took the Lord seven days to make the world, Sunday is the best day to be filled with the teachings of the sacred book.

Since he was little, he expressed his annoyance towards the retrograde customs to which children and adolescents were forced to remain silent in order to please their parents. Even so, his mother promised him that when he left the chapel, she would prepare whatever the young boy wanted. At least, that's how it worked until I was 12 years old.

Who would believe that you could fall in love in the place you hated going to? No one, absolutely no person. Francisco immensely detested a family that every ceremony was there. Since these adults, in contemptuous attitudes, interacted with their parents and treated them badly.

-Why didn't we come this morning?

-Your father had some tasks and that is why it was impossible to attend.

-Since when are you interested in coming?.

-Since never dad. It just seemed strange to me.

-Thank heavens, we're not going to run into the Coopers.

-Thanks be to God.

The ceremony took place completely normally, perhaps it was the first time they could enjoy listening to the scriptures without being bothered by the C messengers.

-Dear, a friend asked me if you could help take one of the furniture to the sacristy.

-Okay, mom, I'll take care of it.

The dark-haired man went to where the Lady was and picked up the object. The journey was short because the sacristy was a few steps from the altar. He entered it and placed the table in a corner.

-That's great, it looks like we have another aspiring altar boy.

-Huh?.

-Leave it alone Andrés, he only collaborated with one of the women in charge of liturgy.

He turned to see a girl with slightly wavy hair, who was wearing white pants, and a black and white striped sweater with a red stripe. And tan boots.

-That's how it is.

-What's your name?.

-Francisco.

-I'm ___.

With a handshake, finished the formal presentation.

-And, I'm Esteban.

A blonde with light blue eyes appeared behind ___ who looked threateningly at Francisco.

-Isn't my girlfriend pretty?.

-Are you dating?.

-Of course, why? Does it bother you? Did you think this beauty would be available?.

-Esteban please....

-It's necessary, honey, look at the stupid face he has just having met you three seconds ago.

-I'm trying to socialize.

-Really? Do you even know who her parents are?.

-No...

-Mr. and Mrs. Cooper, of course.

Upon revealing that truth, his face turned furious, ___'s gaze now looked pained, scratching her left arm.

-I have to go.

And he left there with a bitter taste in his mouth. Today in the present, He still has not assumed the loss of his best friend.

-Are you still thinking about the final?.

-It is impossible for me not to.

-I still have a theory.

-What is it based on?-I think ___.... is alive.