Simulacrum

Chloe

I was walking back from the university to Esteban's house, two blocks ago I was able to get rid of that idiot Chuck, he's a very annoying guy and I just don't know why he's attracted to me. I'm not a big girl to be able to charm anyone.

My steps were moderate, between my fingers there was a bottle of Pepsi, I have always liked that brand over Coca Cola, the reason is that it has a greater amount of sugar and its flavor is delicious.

My headphones were hitting my eardrums but I loved the song that was playing. Pretty Girl, had great lyrics that could identify anyone being a woman or a man, it talked about the identity and personality of anyone who felt self-doubt.

I get distracted for a second following the verse of the chorus, and accidentally bump into a boy with brown eyes and brown hair. Guilt invades me and I start to want to try to help him remove the large soda stain on his shirt.

-Hey, if you continue, it'll be worst.

-I'm sorry, it was my fault. I shouldn't have been walking with the bottle being opened, I'm really dumb.

-Don't worry, nothing of great matter.

-I don't know how could I make up it for.I apologize,again.

-It's okay. It seems today isn't being nice to anyone.

-Yes, you're right.

I looked up and he had been staring at me for a long time, I felt uncomfortable and looked away so as not to continue eye contact.

-Sorry, you look like someone I meet.

-No problem, hey I have to go now, and still feel bad for your t-shirt. Hope we'll meet someday back.

-Well...if you want to make it up as you said, at least we could drink something in my favorite coffee shop. Come on, you'll pay.

With a laugh I turned to look at him, he seemed so familiar to me, but we had barely bumped into each other. All this is very strange. This guy would be a good choice to be a first friend.

-It's the tiniest thing I can do, so agree.

-Then, come on.

From one moment to the next, we headed to the small store that, in addition to being his favorite, was mine too.

-"Corrientes Cafe".

I said with a smile, reading the sign of the business, looking back at the chairs and tables that adorned the entrance.

-Have you already been here?.

-Yes, I've done. My boyfriend and I came many times, since we love the desserts.

-I used to, with someone ago,too. She was especial for me...

I turned to him and noticed a hint of nostalgia in his words. I was never good at expressing my feelings on my own, but I had to at least try.

-Hey.

I placed my hand on his left shoulder and he raised his brown eyes to mine. I gave him a smile before saying.

-If we keep on chatting out, there won't be anything to in.

His cheeks turned reddish for a moment and he smiled the same way I did.

-Okay, let's go in.

So he opened the door, letting me go in first. A true gentleman, even of the same rank as Esteban. We approached the counter, where the girl from the last time who had served me was.

-Good evening, how can I help you?.

-Hi, I would like a Milk Coffee and tortillas, please. What about you?.

-The same as always, please.

-Okay, when it's ready, I'll bring it to you guys, take a seat.

-Thank you.

We walked to the back of the cafe and settled into the wide chairs. I put my belongings aside just like the boy.

-My manners are terrible, I haven't even asked you name.

We laughed a bit and looked at each other again.

-I'm Chloe, and you? wet t-shirt boy?.

-So funny, I'm Francisco.

We shook hands across the table and a jolt of electric current ran through my spine.

-Wow Chloe, you're the one girl I meet who would come to drink something with an stranger.

I faced whoever had interrupted us and sighed looking at Javier, one of the employees who had not seen for a long time why he was sick on work leave.

-Well...she dropped a 500 c.c Pepsi on me.

-The least I can do is this.

-Classic of you, your clumsiness always makes you pay for it.However, here's your order, enjoy!.

He left with slow steps with the tray in his right arm and when I returned to my starting position, Francisco was holding back his tears.

-So this isn't the first time you throw something on someone.

-Not my fault!.

-Sure...it's physics. Nevertheless, for being a smurf, you cause huge troubles.

A headache spread widely in my hundred. I held my forehead for light seconds and closed my eyes.

-Giant...I've already told you, don't call me like that...

I opened them again, scared by what I had answered and covered my mouth. In front of me, the dark-haired man was stunned, unable to articulate enough words to demand an explanation for my response to his harmless mockery.

-Did...did you call me....Giant?.

-I'm...I'm sorry...I don't know why I said somethimg like that...

He remained silent for some indeterminate time, while I was still confused about my attitude to trust him too much.

-_-___... It's you?.

There was that incessant pain again, the only reaction I could execute was remembering the girl who appeared on the news and was in the photo in Esteban's office.

 I stood up from the table abruptly, taking out some money, maybe enough to pay for both orders. I grabbed my backpack and books and ran out of there. Leaving my potential new friend bewildered and without a final answer.