A decade of experience

Levi didn't let up! Eren staggered half a step back as the small body in his arms surged forward. He managed to hold his place, barely. He fixed his lips on Levi's, even parting them slightly for him. Levi moaned right before his tongue darted inside Eren's mouth.

Eren never understood why people liked having someone else's tongue in their mouth. To him it sounded disgusting! The taste of another person was just.. gross! That was until now! Levi tasted like tea and honey. His body felt strong, warm where it anchored itself to Eren's. Eren lost himself in the kiss.

The breeze blew around them as Levi took control. He swirled his tongue around Eren's. It was as if he were painting the inside of Eren's mouth with his taste. In a sense, claiming his territory there. Eren tried to assist him, but he felt all awkward about it. Finally, he needed to breath. He tore his mouth from Levi's.

Opening his eyes, he saw the dark smoky grays probing his own liquid ocean eyes. He shifted back a step, smirking as he kept a firm hand on Levi's waist. He drew in a deep lung full of air.

"Sorry, needed to breath." He apologized.

"No problem." Levi muttered.

He made it sound casual, but he drew away from Eren. The teen felt it, the coldness of Levi's absence. He inched forward searching for it. Levi turned his back toward Eren as he slipped his hands inside the pockets of his leather jacket. His eyes scanning the town below them.

"L, Levi?" Eren asked shyly.

"Hmm." Levi hummed.

Eren reached for him, but sensed the coldness keeping him away. It was like a protective shield around the smaller male. He dropped his hand. Turning he scanned the view. He searched his mind for anything to say.

"Why do you think you're going to hell for kissing me?" His mind lit on that one line.

"I mean, I am legal." Eren joked.

Levi dropped his gaze. He reached up to curl his fingers around a pendent he wore tucked under his shirt. Eren didn't see much, other than a flash of silver. Levi drew in a deep breath. His shoulders rose with the inhale. As he let it out, he appeared to shrink before Eren.

"I, it's not that." Levi muttered, more to himself than the guy standing beside him.

"You're eighteen, right?" he asked.

Eren nodded since he noticed Levi was watching their shadows paly along the ground. Levi inched a fraction for a step closer. He let out a soft sigh.

"I'm ten years older than you. We are in two very different stages of our lives." He offered.

"T, ten ye, years!" Eren stammered shocked.

He knew Levi was older, that much was apparent! But ten years! Eren couldn't imagine liking, even caring about someone ten years younger than himself. Of course that would be extremely weird since the kid would only be eight, but he understood what Levi had said.

"Well, guess I better do something about this growing crush I'm having for you." Eren muttered.

He was sure Levi was letting him down gently. Was that the only reason he brought Eren out here? It couldn't be, right? He had been the one to kiss Eren! Eren turned away from the silent statue glued to the edge of the cliff. His gaze fell along the tree line behind them. Didn't trees grow in straight rows? The thought almost made him laugh.

A sound must have escaped him, for Levi turned to appraise his profile. He didn't talk, Eren didn't move. He liked having the others attention in him. Was that wrong?

"We may be in different places, but we came from the same starting line." Eren mentioned this as he kicked at pebble.

Turning he gazed at Levi's face. It was scrunched up in thought. Eren didn't know where his thought would lead the other male, but he just couldn't stand here like some idiot getting rejected. He took a step toward the nearby trees. He had only see the ones that grew in the park near his house when he had been small. Armin would often meet him there so they could play together.