ix.

HAZELS POV

The morning sunlight painted Cassie's face with a gentle glow as it filtered through the curtains. It accentuated the beauty of her freckles, creating a celestial dance across her skin. Her tousled hair seemed to catch the essence of a dream, each strand telling a silent story.

Wrapped up in the blanket, she was like a canvas, every feature illuminated by the soft morning light. Despite the attempt to shield herself from the brightness,The room was hushed, as if honoring the delicate moment of awakening, and I couldn't help but appreciate the serenity that lingered in the air.

Her arms enveloped me in a tender embrace, fingers gently tracing patterns along my back. She buried her head in the crook of my neck, and the room was filled with her unique fragrance a blend of strawberries and the lingering trace of alcohol. honestly gross. Her arms around me, the peculiar fragrance in the air, and the warmth of the morning sunlight created a strangely soothing atmosphere.

"I can't do this," I whispered to myself, carefully placing Cassie's hand away as I slowly got up. A sense of confusion and internal conflict lingered, and I cursed silently, realizing that this wasn't what I had anticipated.

As I stood beside the bed, looking at Cassie peacefully sleeping, I couldn't shake off the feeling that something had shifted. The way I saw her now seemed different, and I grappled with the contrast between the present and the memories of before. Why couldn't I look at her the same way as I did back then?

Her 'i love you' echoed in my mind. Was she serious, or was it just another part of her seemingly nonsensical ramblings? The uncertainty hung in the air, making me sigh. "She's just a girl," I reassured myself, repeating the words like a mantra. I reminded myself that I had moved on, that she didn't need me, and that the night's events were perhaps more complicated than they seemed. As I stood there, conflicted by emotions and self-reflection, I silently resolved to navigate through the aftermath and find a way to make sense of the unexpected twist that had unfolded. "Cassie, I hate you. I hate you. I hate you," I whispered to the empty room, the words escaping my lips like a desperate refrain. As I stepped away, a mix of frustration and hurt echoed in the repetition of those words. "I hate you for what you did," I reminded myself, trying to anchor my emotions amidst the tumultuous aftermath of the night.

CASSIE'S POV

The morning sun pierced through the curtains, hitting my face like an unwelcome slap. Despite my efforts to shield myself, its brightness persisted, making the simple act of opening my eyes feel like a daunting task. I struggled, my eyelids heavy and reluctant.

As I finally managed to crack my eyes open, I found myself in a room that seemed unfamiliar. The memories from the previous night were nothing but faint whispers, erased from my mind like a fleeting dream. Panic set in momentarily, only subsiding when I checked myself and found my clothes intact.

"Where am I?" I whispered to the empty room, attempting to sit up. However, the attempt was thwarted by a searing pain in my head, a relentless reminder of a night that I struggled to recall. It felt as though I had hit my head hard somewhere, leaving me disoriented and confused about the events that led to this moment.

"Hello?" I screamed out loud, the sound of my own voice reverberating in the unfamiliar room. "Where am I?" I repeated, desperation lacing my words. The silence that followed was broken only by the steady approach of footsteps, intensifying the drumming of my heart. Fear gripped me—what if this was some dangerous place, what if i had ended up at a serial killer's place?

"Can you stop screaming for once?" a voice snapped, cutting through the air. I froze. Hazel? It couldn't be. But as she walked into view, holding a glass and a pill, the reality settled in. I was at Hazel's place.

"Hazel?" I looked at her, confusion and relief mingling on my face. She handed me a tall glass of water and the pill, her expression unreadable. "You should be fine after taking this," she said, her eyes holding a mysterious depth that left me with more questions than answers.

"Thank you so muc—" I began, but Hazel cut me off. "You were drunk last night, and I couldn't find your best friend anywhere, so I had to bring you here. I would've done the same even if it were someone else," she explained, her tone straightforward.

I watched as she raised a brow, acknowledging her concern. Nodding in understanding, I took the medication she offered. "You should leave," she said, her words hanging in the air. "Your parents must be worried."

"Yeah, my phone must be blowing up," I replied "I'll drop you,"hazel said before exiting the room, leaving me to contemplate the unexpected turn of events. 

"Well, thank you, meanie," I whispered under my breath as I  attempted to get out of the bed. Despite the throbbing headache and the residual effects of the night before, a slight smile played on my lips, appreciating Hazel's unconventional but caring way of handling the situation.

*:・゚。➷*❞

i'm never telling my friends and my boyfriend ab this book i'd rather die lmfao