IV

ASAN MEDICAL CENTER

Jennie, Chairman Kim and the Members of the board are in a conference room, discussing the next head of surgery.

"So, CEO Kim, have you decided who'll become the next head of surgery?" Chairman Kim asks her daughter who is sitting at the head of the table.

Everyone looks at Jennie's direction, she nods. "I do, we did a vote actually from all of the surgeons. And, majority chose a certain neurosurgeon to be the next head."

Chairman Kim nods to her daughter to continue, "The majority has voted Dr. Irene Bae, Neurosurgeon to be the next head of surgery. I for one, also voted her as she is an exemplary surgeon."

Chairman Kim smiles and nods, "That's good, now you can solely focus on being the CEO of this hospital, you may teach other surgeons, more of suggestions than actual teaching."

Jennie smiles and nods, "I'll be glad to guide my fellow surgeons."

Chairman Kim calls her secretary, the guy approaches and bent forward to listen. He nods and bows to the chairman and leaves the room.

"I've asked my secretary to call Dr. Irene Bae to appear before us." Chairman explain to the board.

Jennie felt her phone vibrate, she checks it and saw a text from the ICU saying that one of their patients just passed away.

Jennie frowns at the text, "How did this happen? The patient had a successful angioplasty surgery." She muttered to herself.

She texted the ICU on what happened.

"CEO Kim, what's with the frown?" Her mom asks.

Jennie looks up from her phone and saw that everyone were looking at her.

"I just received a text from the ICU about a patient who just passed away after having a successful surgery." Jennie explained to the board.

"Well, it happens from time to time. Even when one is in the recovery stage at the ICU, it's actually one one of the most grueling part the post op. Because anything can happen during recovery, CEO Kim." One of the members of the board said to her.

Jennie just nods and plans to visit the ICU later.

The door opens and Dr. Irene Bae enters, she saw Jennie and smiles at her, Jennie smiles back.

"You called for me, Chairman?" Irene asks.

Chairman Kim smiles, "Yes, as you know we are looking for a new head of surgery since CEO Kim must focus on her duty as the CEO of this hospital. Its hard to have two positions."

Irene nods.

"CEO Kim has high praises of you, and she thinks that you can be an excellent head of surgery." Chairman Kim said.

Irene smiles and bows, "An honor to receive high praises from the CEO herself. I'll do my best, CEO Kim."

Jennie smiles and chuckles a bit, its weird seeing one of her friends to be so formal with her.

"So, to wrap this up. Starting today we'll make the announcement of the new head of surgery department. CEO Kim, please properly turnover your duties and responsibilities to Dr. Irene Bae. That is all, dismissed."

Chairman Kim stands up, signaling everyone to stand up and bow to her.

As she exits, the members of the board follows her outside leaving Jennie and Irene alone.

"Congratulations Dr. Bae for being the next head of surgery." Jennie said while smirking at her.

Irene rolled her eyes, "It will be hard to fill in your shoes, but I'll do my best. Don't worry CEO Kim." Irene said while emphasizing the CEO.