IX

CEO KIM'S OFFICE

"God, what am I even thinking?" Jennie sighs as she leans on her chair. On her computer she's been searching about the hierarchy of angels and the seven prince of Hell.

When she realize what she said, she cover her mouth, "Omo, I shouldn't say the Lord's name in vain, right?"

"Lisa will get mad if I do."

She stands up and walked over to the large window of her office. She looks outside deep in thought.

There was a knock on her door, the door opens and she saw her secretary, she bows and said, "CEO Kim, you are needed in the Emergency area. There's an unruly husband disturbing the people in there."

Jennie raises a brow, "Why? What happened?"

Jennie and Ms. Yoo walked to the elevator, her secretary pressed the down button.

"The husband is distraught because his wife did not survive the surgery."

Jenni and Ms. Yoo where nearing the Emergency when they heard someone shouting.

"You lied! You said you could have saved her! But, she's dead!" The man said.

When Jennie and Ms. Yoo entered they saw the man holding a scalpel, while two security are cautiously trying to approach the man.

"What's going on here?" Jennie asks.

The man looks at Jennie while glaring, "Your doctor did not save my wife! I was against the operation! I wanted her to live the remaining days of her life in peace! But this bastard recommended to my wife that he can help!"

Jennie looks at who the man was pointing to, it was her student, Dr. Jongin Kim. His head was bowed down.

"Dr. Jongin, tell me what exactly happened." Jennie said with a serious tone.

He looks up at Jennie, "His wife had a tumor in her brain, this man doesn't want his wife to be confined. But, his wife wanted to know what she had and if there was ways to remove it."

Glad thing the man was quiet, but Jennie notice the man gripping the scalpel.

Jongin continued, "So, I told her about the procedure to remove her tumor and she wanted me to perform it on her. However, her husband was against it. Saying that she should just live her remaining days in peace. The wife tries to convince her husband, but he walked out and we couldn't find him. The wife gave her consent to do the surgery, and during the surgery she had a massive bleeding and she went to cardiac arrest. We did everything we can, but because of her age, her body gave out."

Jennie looks at the man, "Sir, calm down. You heard the doctor, your wife gave consent to him to do the surgery."

"Because of him! My wife is dead! I'm suing this hospital!"

Jennie sighs, "Sir, we did everything we can to save your wife. I can assist you with the burial of your wife."

Jennie saw the man started shaking, they heard a quiet sob from the man.

Jennie looks at her security and nods to him.

One of the security approached him and grabs the scalpel from him.

They escorted the man outside of the Emergency area.

Jennie looks at Jongin he was sitting on a bench head down.

She approaches him, "Jongin, don't be hard on yourself. It happens, we don't control anything that goes inside the operating room."

He releases a shaky breath, "I don't know what happened, there was a lot of blood. I panicked a bit, but after removing the blood she went into cardiac arrest."