Chapter 31 - Naughty boy 🔞

"When is the wedding date? Do you already have a date? Where do you want to get married? A guest list, oh dear, you have to make a guest list as early as possible!"

"Yes, yes....a serious date...very important...and guest list!" A female voice echoed an other female voice.

"We.... um...." Boun tried to reply.

"And the move....you have to finish the move first! Is the house really finished now? If we can help, please let us know!"

"Yes, yes....let us know about the move....... " It echoed again.

"Yes, that.....it's....ongoing.......we.....wanted to be in the new house......uhm....help me Prem...on....when again?"
Boun stammered overwhelmed.

"Oh...and suits, you need suits, they can't be off the rack, son. Your father will take you to his friend's shop.....Art buys his suits there too....you'll look great!..... I'm so happy!" A delicate woman's hand pinched Prem's cheek.

He could hardly defend himself, endured the brief pain with an artificial smile and then looked helpfully at Boun, who just shrugged his shoulders and had just had his hand patted for the 300th time and then had his head stroked by another very soft hand.

He already had the feeling that he had lost a bit of hair on this part of his head.

"Yeah...oh, suits, right....I'll call George.....George is the best choice....Mom's right."

The scene Boun and Prem found themselves in seemed a little surreal.

They were sitting on the huge couch in Boun's parents' living room.

Boun's mother was on Prem's right, followed by Boun and Prem's mother on his left. The four of them sat there like hens on a roost. Boun and Prem clung to each other with their right and left hands respectively, and endured the conversations that their mothers had more with each other than with them, discussing the wedding and the preparations for it over the heads of the grooms.

Boun's father paced up and down the room, seeming to be making a checklist in his mind as well, babbling about what the two women thought was particularly important on the list of things to do.

They hadn't been able to answer in full sentences for at least ten minutes, and nobody was waiting for them to do so, because they were just extras in the wedding planning, which their mothers were apparently in charge of and in which Boun's father was allowed to be a welcome sidekick as long as he didn't contradict them.

Any attempt by the two newly engaged young men to intervene had been completely nipped in the bud and so they just sat there, listening to the terribly excited chatter and hoping somehow to get off lightly when they announced afterwards that they were planning it all themselves and had a solution to the time problem with the preparations that didn't involve their parents.

Thank goodness there was another assessor.

Boun's grandmother sat in her son's big Chesterfieled wing chair, a bit like Queen Elizabeth the Second at Buckingham Palace, watching this excited cackle unfold, worse than in the neighbor's henhouse.

She looked at Boun and Prem, who remained polite but were beginning to look quite overwhelmed and distressed.

"Well, that's enough, you headless chickens! Look at these two! Can't you see that you're completely upsetting them! It's their wedding! I'm sure they've already thought about it and will let you know if there's anything to help with or plan, damn it. And now please, a moment's silence, ok! I'm an old woman and my blood pressure isn't the best, please give my ears a moment's relaxation too."