Boyfriend?

February rolled around, and I still hadn't talked to Rory, no matter how much he calls me pretty or smart or holds my hand. Is Peeta right? Speaking of Peeta, "Did you talk to him yet?" He asked as he walked into my bedroom. "Not yet. I just keep chickening out." He sighed. "Just say you like him." I nodded and Peeta left.

After school I was to hang out with Rory while he was at the bakery, so on the way there I decided to talk to him.

"Rory?" I said quietly, and he stopped walking to look at me. A million sentences ran through my brain. "What are we?" I blurted out, and froze. "What are we." Rory repeated, and I nodded. "Like, are we boyfriend and girl friend, are we friends, are we best friends, I don't know what to say. Everyone always asks me, and I say I don't know. I like you Rory." I said, and he looked emotionless. Then he leaned in and kissed me. "That's what we are." He whispered, and leaned in again. His lips were soft on mine, and I kissed him back. (A/N rereading this smth from tsitp popped into my head "thats like- wattpad level hot" - taylor)

I reached my arms around his neck, and he hugged me around his back. After a few seconds we seperated our lips, and just held each other. "I'm gonna be late, come on." He said, and released me, but grabbed my hand and we continued walking.

We arrived at the bakery and I sat down in my normal spot to do some homework. When I was done with my homework, I packed up my bag and walked into the back room.

I saw Peeta pulling a new loaf out of the oven. "Peeta?" I asked, and he looked up at me. "Yeah?" He said, and continued to put the bread on the counter and put a new loaf in. "I talked to him. And he kissed me. And then he said we're together and we kissed." I said quickly and quietly. "Nice Prim." He stopped what he was doing and hugged me.

I left the kitchen and went back out to the counter to watch Rory continue to reorganize the display bread, people coming in every few minutes to buy something. He'd take the money and give it to them, just like that. It wasn't anything special. But I liked to watch it.

He looked at me. "So are you gonna buy some bread or what?" I laughed and shook my head. "Please eat just one muffin?" He asked, handind me a chocolate muffin. "Rory, I'm not hungry." He ripped a peice of the muffin off, stuffed it in my mouth and held his hand over. "Chew, Primrose." I obeyed. "There, you happy? I had a bite of a muffin." I grumbled. "Yes. Now eat more." I reluctantly took a bite. And after a few more, my stomach growled and Rory raised his eyebrow.

Peeta walked out and noticed me, slowly devouring the muffin, and took a second take. He then whispered something to Rory, and Rory shrugged. Peeta said something in his ear again, and Rory turned away from me. "Are you, like, actually eating?" Peeta asked. I responded by taking the last bite and throwing the wrapper in the trash can.

The boys continued to work, and I slowly paid them less and less attention. I pulled a book out of my backpack and started reading. The words started to fall into the background, and I felt nauseous. I stood up and walked right past the boys and into the bathroom, right in time to kneel down and vomit into the toilet. I washed my face and hands before going back outside and telling the boys I'm going home.

When I got home, I immediately went to my bedroom. Johanna told me something while we were in the capital, she said to write a letter to someone who's gone and put it in a fire. The ashes send it to them.

Dear Mother,
Hello. It's been a year and since I've seen you. It started out really bad, Katniss and I just sat home in our depression for a while. Then Hazelle invited us over for dinner and we started to hang out with then more. Things got a little better. I started hanging out with Rory again, I had really missed him. We went to the Capitol a few months ago. Your grave was beautiful. Rory and I started dating today. I asked him, and he kissed me. Peeta has opened up the bakery and Rory works there too. I've also decided that when I'm older I'm going to run an apothecary. Most people just go to a different district if they're sick or buy medicine. I love you.

Love, Prim

I folded the paper up and stuffed it in my drawer. I want to give it to her later, when a fire is already started.