01

My jaw hit the ground at my mother's words. Why the hell did she want this?, out of all the families she chose, she chose the Baudelaires. "Honestly I don't see the big issue, Isadora" My mother huffed out, standing up to bring dinner to the table.

 I turned my head towards where my triplet brothers were sitting, Duncan pretty much had the same expression as me and Quigley was just being Quigley. Overdramatic. His eyes bludging out of his eye sockets.

"You want us to go on a business trip with the Baudelaires?" I repeated, making sure I heard everything correctly.

"Exactly, Isadora," My dad said enthusiastically as my mother came back with the pot of spaghetti and some garlic bread

"No!" I exclaimed as I served myself some spaghetti and a piece of garlic bread.

"I don't see the big issue, Isadora," Mum sighed. "It's just up the coast, for about a week" I almost spit out the water I was drinking.

"A week?" I exclaimed, my eyes wide.

"Yes Isadora," My mother said, eating some of the garlic bread on the side.

"But In a week school starts!" Quigley brought up, "Will we be missing school?" Quigley said enthusiastically

"No. We'll be back the day before school starts" Father said sternly. Quigely pouted.

As soon as dinner ended, I basically ran up to my room to text my best friend, Jules, all the details of tonight's dinner. After I texted her she answered immediately.

WHAT?
ARE YOU GOING TO GO? 

I texted her back "They are forcing me, Julesss"

DO THEY NOT KNOW THAT YOU N K R COMPETITIVE AS HELL

I messaged her back "THEY DOOO, MUM THINKS WE R JUST COMPETITIVE IN SCHOOL"

Well, you are...

I texted her back "We are just very competitive" We sent a couple more tests back and forth, discussing upcoming events, until she had to go and stop her brother from doing something stupid. I wanted to scream. I couldn't be seen with the Baudelaires these summer holidays, especially after being competitive for years. I was contemplating on sleeping or screaming when Quigley and Duncan barged into my room.

"Learn to knock Jeez," I said as Quigley made himself comfortable on my bed and Duncan sat at my desk chair.

"Are you okay? Do you want to go?" Quigley and Duncan said at the same time.

"I'm fine, I'll go. Plus Klaus and I are just classmates, who are on a 6-year-long bet that started because we were stupid." I muttered under my breath.

"Okay good" Quigley said getting up and leaving. "I'm tired, Night Iz, Night Dunc," He said going to his room.

"Night Dunc"

"Night Iz," Duncan said closing my door softly on his way out. After Duncan left, I turned my head around and my eyes landed on my window. The window looked out to the Baudelaires' mansion. The window looked into Klaus Baudelaire's bedroom. The light was on in his room indicating that he was still awake. I thought nothing of it and fell into my bed.

I fell into a dreamless slumber that night. 

_________

Just remember I don't own Asoue!!

Updates r when I feel like it, but def once a week!!

hope ya'll enjoyed <3
Lmk in the comments <33