Chapter 5

Michael's POV

My eyelids slid open to reveal soft-looking blue hair draped over the clean white pillow next to my head. I was immediately awake. What the hell was I doing in bed with Emily? I sat up quickly, looking around the room. I didn't recognise anything. I was suddenly aware of a sharp pain shooting through my head, and I grimaced and gently placed my head back on the pillow. As I did so, I realised that of course the girl lying next to me wasn't Emily. Her perfume was intense and made me want to cough, in contrast to Emily's gentle, comforting scent.

 Gradually, memories started to come back to me. Going out to the bar, having too much to drink, following the girl home, and then – oh God. I groaned quietly and turned over to bury my face in the pillow. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I clenched the edge of the duvet in my hand and tried to stop tears from escaping my eyes. Never before in my life had I sunk this low. I didn't even know this girl's name. Panic rose in my chest as I realised I didn't even know what part of the city I was in, and I fought to keep my emotions under control. She could wake up at any moment, and I needed to sort this out properly.

I took a deep, shaky breath and raised my head back up again, looking around the room for clues to any of my questions. My clothes lay on the floor, mixed with the clothes the girl had been wearing, but apart from that I couldn't gain anything from the inside of the bedroom. The furniture was all light wood, the walls, bed covers and curtains were white, and the few possessions that lay on the desk and bedside table were common and nondescript.

Cautiously, I climbed out of bed, trying not to wake up the girl, who hadn't moved since I'd been awake. I immediately realised I was wearing absolutely nothing, which didn't really surprise me considering what I was doing last night, but I quickly pulled on my boxers, which were lying next to the bed, to save me from as much further embarrassment as possible in the current situation. I crept over to the window and pulled back the curtain. It looked like we were a couple of floors up, and the street looked to be fairly central – there was probably a Tube station nearby, but I didn't know London particularly well.

I turned back to the bed, and nearly fell into the window when I saw that the girl was awake, lying on her side and smirking at me."Hey," she said, leaning her head on her hand and covering her mouth as she yawned. "H-hi," I mumbled, slowly crossing the room and grabbing my black jeans. "You don't really want to put those back on, do you?" she asked. I paused, one leg already inside the jeans. "Come on, this doesn't have to end just because you're not drunk any more."

"Um..." I mumbled something unintelligible. This was by far the most awkward situation I had ever been in, and I really had no idea what to say. "You don't have to be nervous," she laughed. "You were great last night." She shifted her position, and the duvet slipped further off her body. "I have to go," I gulped. She pouted sadly. "Come on... you really sounded like you were enjoying yourself..." I grimaced, not wanting to be told anything more about it. I wanted to erase what little traces I still held of it from my memory, and her comments were bringing more and more images back into my mind. "Really," I insisted. "I... have to go to work. Sorry." I continued putting my trousers back on. "Work? What kind of a job are you allowed to do, with piercings and tattoos and hair like that?" she asked, gesturing at me. "I... um..." This girl was more intelligent that I had thought, and my still-aching head was struggling to out-think her. She stood up, and the covers slid off to reveal her naked body."I think you're lying," she whispered, walking over to me. "You don't have to feel guilty, you could spend the whole day here, I won't tell anyone."

 She stepped over towards me, and I backed away from her until I reached the wall. She traced her fingers along my bare chest, her eyes staring straight into mine, and I could honestly say I had never felt more uncomfortable in my entire life. She leaned in and pressed her lips to mine, pushing her body even closer so that our bare chests were touching. Her mouth moved furiously against mine, trying to get me to respond, but I just stood there, frozen. I had been lucky enough to kiss Emily once, back in May last year, before her and Luke started dating, and this felt nothing like that. With Emily, it felt like two people showing they liked each other, a romantic, human interaction. With this new girl, whose name I still didn't know, it felt like a hungry, animal instinct, as if she might rip to pieces anything that stood in her way."Please, stop!" I tried to shout against her lips. I desperately used the first excuse I came up with. "I have a girlfriend!" She stood back and looked at me with a strange expression on her face. "Bit late to bring that up now, isn't it? You didn't mention any girlfriend last night..." I flinched. Whatever drunken attraction I had felt towards this girl was long gone, and there probably wasn't much there in the first place. I suspected the only reason I had even considered following her home was the fact that she had hair slightly similar to Emily's, and I was already mentally facepalming because of that. If anyone had taken pictures of us, if the others found out, they would all immediately know I wasn't over Emily, something which I had been trying very hard to hide from them.

I kept eye contact with her as I bent down to pick up my shirt, as if she was some kind of wild animal. I put it on quickly, before she tried anything else, and crossed the room to pick up my shoes."I'm sorry, this was a mistake," I sighed."That's what they all say," she said, smiling almost sadly. "Anyway, it was fun right? I'm around that club quite a lot, if you ever change your mind." She winked at me and kissed me on the lips once more, ignoring my protests. "If that 'girlfriend' or that 'job' ever get too much for you... let me know." She grabbed a Sharpie from the desk and scribbled a phone number on my arm."Thanks..." I said awkwardly. "Uh... bye.""Bye," she said, waving as I walked out of the door. I breathed a sigh of relief as I left the flat, then inhaled in worry again as I realised I had absolutely no idea where I was going. I wanted so badly to get away that I made a random guess as to which direction to go, and walked quickly away, only glancing back to the window I thought was hers once. I thought I saw a flash of blue behind the white curtains, but it vanished as soon as I saw it, and I wasn't even sure that I hadn't imagined it.

A/N

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this, sorry it took a while but school was busy this week! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed it :)