Chapter 16

Emily's POV

"I'm so bored," I sighed, slumping over the arm of the sofa and gazing out of the window.

"Don't you have work to do?" Maddy laughed. "You are a university student."

"Don't remind me," I groaned. "I did loads this morning, and I'm going to do some later, but I need a break for a few hours." Luke entered the room, playing with his phone in one hand.

"Hey, do you want to do something this afternoon?" I suggested, although I half-expected him to refuse. He had been subtly avoiding spending time with me ever since Maddy and Ashton's breakup, which I sort of understood, although it annoyed me.

"Uh..."

"Again? Really?" I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I really would, but me, Ashton and Calum are going to meet up with Megan..."

"Megan?!"

"Who's Megan?" asked Maddy, frowning.

"She's an old ex of mine... we were really good friends back home, and me and Emily ran into her a couple of weeks ago, she's living here now, so I thought it would be nice to catch up."

"She was a really good friend of mine, so I wanted to see her as well," said Cal, appearing in the living room with Ash.

"What about Ashton? Did he know her as well?" asked Maddy.

"Nope, I didn't really know her," he replied casually. "She looks pretty hot though, thought Luke could introduce me." He nudged Luke's elbow and grinned at him dirtily. Maddy pulled a disgusted face and ignored him.

"See you later then," I said, glancing at Luke briefly before looking back out of the window in an attempt to persuade him that I didn't care. He shrugged and left the room with Cal and Ash.

"What shall we do?" Maddy sighed.

"I'll ask Michael if he has any ideas," I said, getting up and going to find him. "Mikey? What should we do this afternoon?"

"Um... why don't we call Dean and ask if he wants to hang out?" Michael suggested.

"Good idea," I agreed, and quickly rang him. "Dean? Hi, me, Maddy and Michael were wondering if you wanted to do something with us this afternoon?"

"Well, I'm meeting Annabell in town, but we were just going to chill really, so you guys could join us if you like?"

"Would that be okay?" I asked, biting my lip. "We don't want to intrude on anything."

"No, no, it would be fine! I'm sure she'd like to meet you guys."

"Awesome," I replied. "So, where shall we meet you?"

"I'll drop by yours on my way," he answered. "See you soon!"

"Dean's going out with Annabell, he invited us to come too," I told the others.

"We finally get to meet Annabell..." said Maddy thoughtfully. "That should be interesting."

"Do you think she has baby pictures of Dean?" asked Michael jokily, his face lighting up slightly.

"Wow, I hope so," I giggled.

***

"Dean!" I called, rushing to give him a hug.

"Hi," he laughed, hugging me back. I moved back to let Maddy hug him, and noticed both Michael and the dark-haired girl who I now knew was called Annabell watching them awkwardly.