Chapter 25

Emily's POV

"So... what's it like, living the life of a celebrity?" I teased, addressing the screen of my iPad, where I was FaceTiming Maddy. I was lying face-down on my bed, my legs crossed in the air.

"Oh, you know," she said, flicking her hand out and putting on a posh voice. "No seriously though, the premieres are great fun, and it's really nice to be able to spend so much time with Chris without worrying about running into Ashton all the time."

"What about all the interviews? I've only watched a few of them, I've been so busy lately..."

"Don't worry about it, they're all pretty similar. They're kind of fun, but I guess that's the problem really – they all ask the same questions, and you have to sound just as enthusiastic every time otherwise you get criticised for being boring. And it takes hours each morning to do hair and makeup and make sure you have the right outfit and the paparazzi are everywhere, all the time. It takes a lot of effort looking this fabulous," she joked. "And although Chris and I are doing stuff together all day, we get so tired in the evenings we don't get any private time together. We haven't... you know... in weeks."

"Eww... I did not need to know that," I said, wrinkling my nose.

"No luck with you and Luke?" she said curiously.

"Maddy, you know we're not together," I sighed.

"Yes... but that just makes it more interesting," she mused. "You might have been lucky enough to get some angry sex, or make-up sex."

"Shut up!" I said, torn between wanting to laugh and throw up. "You know me and Luke haven't done it yet, I don't want our first time to be like that."

"Sure, sure, I understand," she said, rolling her eyes. "How is everyone?"

"They're all good, I think. Will met Michael and Dean the other day, we went out for lunch together."

"Oh yeah? What was that like?"

"Awkward," I remembered, cringing. "Michael and Dean quizzed him about his whole life story, then asked him if he liked me!" Maddy burst out laughing.

"What did he say?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I told him not to answer," I replied, blushing. "Anyway, he doesn't like me like that, we're just friends."

"Are you sure? You are taking him to the premiere..."

"Yes, as a friend! I don't have a boyfriend at the moment, what else could I do?" She shrugged, giving up.

"Dean said he misses you," I added. "He wants to go shooting when you get back."

"Aww, I miss him too," she said, pouting. "I'll FaceTime him later, so he doesn't feel left out."

"Yeah... he's coming with me to try on my dress this afternoon, though," I said, checking the time on my clock.

"You're trying it on today?" squealed Maddy, sitting up straighter and clapping her hands. "Take LOADS of pictures, okay? I have to see!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I said, rolling my eyes. "You know what it looks like, though, you picked it out."

"Yes, but I need to see what it looks like on you," she said determinedly. "And make sure Will picks a nice suit, okay? And a tie to match the dress, matching is very important."

"Sure, sure," I agreed, without really listening.

"You are excited, right? I'm so looking forward to seeing you again!"