~7~

~SLAM~

"You got thirty-five minutes to finish up, so you better hurry"

Akashi placed a piece of paper on each student's desk as he walked past. The vicious grin danced on his face as he finally got to Kuwabara's desk.

"Good luck everyone. That is if you studied enough."

Akashi watched Kuwabara flip the paper but got no reaction from the jab he made. Even so, he sniggered to himself before he passed by Okubo's, Miyamoto's, and Komada's desk as well. But then his smile turned upside down when he saw two empty desks.

"Hmpf looks like we will have two people that will miss out on the fun-."

~CREAK~

"Our apologies for being late Mr. Akashi," Keiko said as she guided Miyuki towards her desk with her aid.

Every student looked at the two with curiosity, suspicion, and most of all judgment. Just why was Keiko helping someone as mean-hearted as Urameshi's twin sister again?

Akashi was amongst those stares, but along the way, he grinned like he just caught the biggest fish of all.

"Well-well-well looks like Miss Urameshi had finally managed to corrupt someone, at last."

"That's not true sir!" Keiko replied sternly. "Miyuki didn't feel well on our way to school so I had to take her to the nurse's office first."

"Is that so?" Akashi scoffed with an eye roll. "Show me the note then."

On cue, Miyuki pushed the piece of paper to the teacher's view. She kindly opened it up but made sure to keep it out of his reach. Inside, everything was there - the nurse's signature and stamp included.

Akashi read the note, barely repressing a growl of irritation.

He could have easily declared it was probably fake, but since Keiko was there, one of Takenaka's prized students and the responsible Class Representative, there wasn't much he could do.

Despite this, Akashi attempted to snatch the paper, however, Miyuki swiftly pulled it away.

"Just what do you think you're doing Miss Urameshi?"

"Hn, I showed the note, didn't I?"

Miyuki took her seat without another word.

Akashi tried to burn her with a stare, but he eventually overcame himself and returned to his desk. "What are you all waiting for? Get to work!"