~15~

Yusuke woke up with a loud cry, but instead of the wet grass and trees he expected, he found himself lying on something comfortable and warm.

"What happened to the forest?"

Struggling to catch his breath, he stared down at the bed quilts and bandages on his arms.

"I'm in my room? What?" Yusuke caught sight of his alarm clock.

It was 2 PM.

"What the-? Don't tell me it was all just a crazy dream."

Someone gasped from the doorway. Yusuke whipped his head to see Atsuko making her way towards him.

"Yusuke, you're up. Are you alright?"

"I think so-"

~SMACK~

"OW! Mother!" Yusuke yelled. "Don't just wallop an injured person."

"You looked like you were fighting a wrestler." Atsuko scolded. "You're going to get yourself killed...Like Miyu..."

She fell on her knees once more, in tears.

"Don't do that, Mother, it's okay," Yusuke said.

He didn't know what to say anymore. He was never good at comforting. However, he couldn't dwell on it more as he remembered yesterday's events.

How could he be back in his apartment?

That voice... it sounded familiar, but who was it?

"Oh, come on, you know."

Yusuke turned his head, and there he found her in the doorway with a bright smile.

"Hello!" Botan waved.

"Wow Botan, you saved me?"

"Yes, she did," Atsuko said. "Botan brought you home, with you asleep in her arms. She is very strong."

"Ah- she- what?" As Yusuke stammered, Botan approached his bed.

"Can other people see you now?" He whispered.

"I told Koenma that I'd make a much better assistant to the spirit detectives if I had a human form and he agreed."