Chapter 32: Versus

"I still think this is a bad idea," Lloyd says.

Lloyd and Aria sat in their room, awaiting mealtime.

"Really?" Aria questions from within the closet. "That's unlike you."

"I know, but I hate that guy." Lloyd tells her.

"For what reason?" Aria asks as she walks out.

"I... don't know." Lloyd replies "Just have a bad feeling."

"All the more reason we should watch ourselves." Aria says, "The deal is I just have to win, easy peasy."

"Not with the ninja here," Lloyd sighs "something just doesn't sit right with me. We don't even know what the other elementals are capable of."

"Whatever it is Lloyd, we'll get through it." Aria pats his shoulder. "Trust me."

"I don't doubt you Aria, it's everyone else." Lloyd says.

The two walk out of their room and into the dining hall where the competitors were already beginning their meal. The two got their food and walked back to their room. After eating, Chen came onto the intercom.

"The tournament of Elements continues. Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assign arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least... Fire!"

"This is a better time than any to see what they can do," Aria says and Lloyd nods in agreement.

The fighters are in their arenas. The first fight was Turner, Master of Speed, versus Gravis, Master of Gravity. Turner, the master of speed, won. The next fight was Neuro, Master of Mind, versus Bolobo, Master of Nature. Neuro, the master of mind, won. Finally it was time for the last match, which Kai won.

Clouse is about to use his Dark Magic on Kai and Ash's battle when Chen stops him.

"No Magic. I'm enjoying this." Chen laughs

Kai breaks the bridge with his Fire. After a brief fight, Kai grabs the Jadeblade.

"Winner! Loser! Master of Fire moves on."

The ninja cheer as Garmadon shakes his head. Back in the palace, Chen laughs as he watches his Kabuki perform for him. The Ninja approach the Elemental Masters, who are gathered around the bracket.

"What's all the commotion?" Jay questions and they gasp when they see Cole and Jay on the same bracket.

"No, he can't do this" Cole says angrily.

"I'm pretty sure he can," Lloyd mutters.

"But why does it say I have to fight Cole?" Jay asks "It didn't say that before. I'm not ready to fight. It was supposed to be my day off."

"Is there a problem, Ninja?" Clouse questions as he approached them

"You cheated!" Cole shouts "You changed the brackets."

"Oopsie" Clouse laughs and walks away.

Aria followed after him, Lloyd noticing and following as well.

"You weren't going to inform us before you did that?" Aria questions.

"Whatever for," Close turns to her "Your end of the agreement is to win, simple at that. We never agreed to disclose our intentions with you."

"You're finding a loophole in our deal," Aria crosses her arms "I don't appreciate that. You best learn who you're messing with."

"Call it as you wish your highness," Clouse laughs "but we indeed know who we're messing with."

Lloyd's eyes glow pink as Clouse walks away laughing.

"It's not worth it," Aria grabs his arm "let's go."

"He's underestimating us," Lloyd growls "like everyone else. How long are we going to let them do that?"

"Right now, he holds the power Lloyd, and he knows that." Aria tells him "They have the answers we want, and we're wrapped around their fingers until our end of the deal is held up."

"Then can I throw him?" Lloyd asks.

"Yes," Aria replies as she turns away and walks back to their room.

That night, Jay and Cole prepares for their fight while Aria sits beside Chen. Clouse was standing at Chen's side while Lloyd stood beside Aria.

"You've declined my previous invitations to take the golden seat, why now?" Chen asks her curiously

"It's guaranteed to be a fight to remember," Aria tells him "I just want the best view."

"I knew their was something," Chen chuckles

"Let the tournament continue! Jay, Master of Lightning, versus Cole, Master of—"

They start fighting.

"Stronger than you thought, eh? That's your betrayal flowing through my veins!" Jay shouts

"I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet when you're out of the tournament" Cole overpowers Jay with Earth, he then stops "What are we doing? I don't want you out. You're not my enemy, Chen is."

"Oh, sure, lower my guard by pretending to be my friend, then swoop in to steal the prize. Typical Cole maneuver" Jay says annoyed

"I never meant to hurt you, Jay" Cole shook his head "If I knew it would destroy our friendship, I'd take it all back.."

"Well, if we're being honest, I was so upset about losing Nya " Jay says as he stops fighting as well "but I take blame for that"

"I was mad about Nya when I was more upset about losing you" Jay admits "We used to be good friends"

"The best! Right?" Cole agrees " We should've been honest with each other instead of bottling this up"

"Agreed. But how are we supposed to stop fighting? We can't both win" Jay says

"Well, maybe we can draw it out till they call it a tie. Quick, attack me. But not hard" Cole tells him

The two begin to fight without their Elemental Powers.

"Ah, what is this? Pattycake? I'm bored. Release the Condrai Crushers!" Chen orders

"Isn't that cheating Chen?" Aria questions "Is there no fairness is your tournament?"

"It's my tournament, I'll do what I wish." Chen replies

Jay and Cole worked together to defeat the Condrai Crushers that Chen releases.

"Ah, they fight together" Garmadon smiles

"Enough! I know what you are trying to do. If neither of you will win, then both of you will lose!" Chen activates the trap doors.

"We can't both lose. Chen's right, there can only be one" Cole tells Jay

"And it should be you. You and I both know I'm lucky to have even made it this far. You take the Jadeblade" Jay says

Cole takes the Blade but throws it to Jay.

"Winner! ...Loser! Master of Lightning moves on" Chen announces

"Nya's yours, Jay. I should've bowed out long ago," Cole smiles "Win this thing."

Chen drops Cole in a trapdoor "About time. Phew"

"I'm curious as to why the ninja choose to fight together," Aria comments "they are diving themselves against the other competitors."

"Hm," Chen turns to her with a gleam in his eye "care to make this interesting then?"

"How so?" Aria asks.

"I want to see who they would side with if there wasn't a ninja competitor," Chen chuckles.

Lloyd bends down to Aria's ear and whispers "That doesn't sound good."