Chapter 107

My furious gaze shot down the narrow avenue to the furthest end of the vast cavern to whomever was standing right there, staring right at me

My furious gaze shot down the narrow avenue to the furthest end of the vast cavern to whomever was standing right there, staring right at me. He wasn't as tall as the other warriors, and he was positioned on the far side of the cavern. Ghostly fingers of wind gently washed his long tunic upward, fluttering its hem to reveal more of the stiff leather armor encasing his body. Black armor that was scudded with dust as if he'd traveled long and far to get down here. He raised his double-handed sword, its double-edged blade gleaming silver in the darkness. It was sleek and menacing with intricate detailing etched down the fuller.

It hit me with a startled inhale, that the mask he wore had eye slits. I couldn't quite make out the color of their irises, but they were distinctively human-looking. And I bet on my life that they were bright fucking blue.

Rage exploded through my body like a blistering firestorm when I realized who the hells this guy was.

Silas Boon. A.K.A. Barbie Doll Ken.

This was the fucker that was after Nelle.

My fists tightened on the hilts of my swords.

I was going to annihilate the prick!

Silas burst into movement.

He charged so fast I could barely track him.

Stones rattled beneath my boots as I shifted my footing quickly, twisting my hips and lowering my stance, angling my swords, readying for combat.

Silas disappeared then reappeared, almost as if he were swifting in short bursts like my family's Birds of Prey. But it wasn't swifting. Whatever he was doing, whatever this ability was, it was different. There weren't any swifting winds kicking up his tunic, nor did he seem to rematerialize like an image taking shape in an old-fashioned photograph.

He vanished—then reappeared.

There—then gone.

Fast, like a blink.

Holy shit what the fuck is this guy?

That ancient thing inside me roared in fury, slithered and hackled. An ancient melody, honey and wicked, strummed in time with my heartbeat.

End him... End him... End him!

I lunged forward, my leg striding out, my boot hitting the rocky floor.

The edge of my mind bled into darkness.

There was just me and him.

I was going to fucking dice him into pieces!

It was my friend that brought me back from the brink of madness.

"DON'T YOU DARE!" Mela roared, her voice booming across the cavern.

Her command snapped me from Silas. My gaze whipped over my shoulder and my teeth gritted against one another with shock, as my slitted eyes fixated on the dull gleam of light dancing over a black blade. Mela pressed a dagger against Yezekael's throat. His moon crescent eyes were wide with terror. "I swear to Zrenyth, Gray, I will slit his throat if you don't get yourself back here!"