Chapter 45

Nelle wanted to embarrass and drive me away so she'd win the war she waged against me

Nelle wanted to embarrass and drive me away so she'd win the war she waged against me. My gaze sliced to that wicked mean mouth of hers. My cock throbbed and swelled and ached. All the blood rushed to my iron-hard erection, and I went a little lightheaded under the wicked spell she'd cast.

Fuck, she was so hot when she was cruel.

So fucking hot.

I leaned a shoulder on the wall because my bones had turned to liquid.

But that girl needed to be met with fire.

I bowed my head so I was level with hers. "Nelle," I husked, moaning it right back at her.

The honeyed flecks in her eyes exploded with fury at hearing her name spill from my mouth. Her lips pinched into a thin white line. "Nelle," she moaned back, spitefully mimicking me again and again, quicker each time.

But I moaned it right back at her. "Nelle...Nelle...Nelle..."

My little bird even began fucking mocking me by jerking her fist as if she were beating off at the same time. "...Nelle..."

The bathroom filled up with the ridiculous sound of both of us squabbling like school-children, mock-moaning at one another.

"Nelle—"

"Nelle—"

"Nelle—"

But mine were deep and husky and true.

And something happened as I gruffly moaned her name.

A full-body shiver shuddered through Nelle's slender figure. Her damp white dress rippled with the delightful motion. The cruel expression faltered and slipped from her features, leaving her open and vulnerable.

And her gray irises spiked with a shot of black.

Perhaps to deny it, she abruptly screwed her eyes shut and lifted her hand as if to silently demand I shut up. But the movement slowed and became sluggish. I watched in awe and confusion as she bodily wove from side to side, her weight shifting off-kilter as a soft mindless hum rumbled from her throat.

Suddenly, she tipped forward. Her hand snapped out to latch around my bicep. I barely stopped myself from loosening a raw groan at the innocent touch. The zinging sensation of the hyper-awareness that plagued us both sent a wave of helpless longing cresting through my blood. I helped support her supple body as she melted against me. I knew she was going to despise her momentary weakness, but, I fucking bathed in the feel of her beneath my hands and where our bodies touched as she buried her nose into my chest and greedily breathed me in.

Holy Zrenyth...

And then understanding slowly crept upon me.

Me.