Home

Yn POV

It's 9:30 pm and I can't wait to get home to my baby. I know Unique said Ronnie should be moving in, but I haven't heard from him and that's good because it's too much right now. I'm on the bus waiting for my stop, I have to hurry up and get to the corner store by my house and get little Ronnie his Cheerios and some hot cheetos for my self.

As soon as my stop came up, I pulled the line and got my purse, waited for a complete stop and got off. I jogged to the front door where the Cashier Ahmed was.

Ahmed: Hey, we close 10 minutes.

I nodded and went in the store and grabbed the chips and cereal. I walked to the front.

Yn: Ahmed, can I get those magnums too?

Ahmed: What size?

Yn: Large.

I need them, a sort of protection just in case a certain security guard plays his cards right.

Ahmed: Alright 10.75.

I gave Ahmed the money, told him good night and walked out and went home. As soon as I walked up, I seen a car very similar to Uniques, but I didn't think too much of it, he ain't the only one I know with that car. I walked up the stairs and unlocked my door, but it was weird because it was already unlocked. My mom was supposed to be here with little Ronnie until I got home, but when I opened the door, I got a different scenario.

I walked in slowly and I seen Unique and Pernessa in my living room, I turned to my right and seen my son playing with theirs. Little Ronnie came up and hugged me, I looked at Unique and Pernessa and they looked at me then moved their eyes towards the dining room, I walked in more slowly, I knew he was in here, it was now my time to face him and I came from the corner and seen him. The man that I loved more than any man I ever met after him, he was there, he stood up. Ronnie was already tall, but now he have these broad shoulders, a fade and a mustache, I felt like I was 17 all over again, but his eyes looked like he was hurt and angry.

Ronnie POV
I looked down at Yn. This was the girl I used to take with me, everywhere, who gave me her virginity, then left me for basically "cheating", I never made it known she was my girlfriend, she was 17, now she's the mother of my son. I hate she looks good, but she know she fucked up.

Yn: Hey

Ronnie: (dry) Hey.

Yn: How have you been?

Ronnie: Cut the shit Yn.

Yn: Ronnie I can explain.

Ronnie: Jerome. Ronnie.

Ronnie Jr: Yeah dad.

Ronnie: Go play in your room.

The kids ran in the back, they don't need to hear this.

Yn: Ronnie I'm sorry.

Ronnie: For what? For not telling me you pregnant or for waiting 5 fucking years to have me find out.

Yn: (crying) This wasn't how I wanted you to find out.

Ronnie: Yn, I know I hurt you, but that shit ain't nothing like this.

Yn POV
After Ronnie said that, I couldn't help but to ball my eyes out. Ronnie as a person can be scary, but when it comes down to family, he really is a protector. Every time someone tries to give Unique problems, he was there, one time someone tried to rob his mom and Ronnie beat his ass bad, even with me, a guy push up on me, Ronnie got his ass to the point where he couldn't even look at me. I know me keeping our son a secret was wrong, but what was I supposed to do? I was 17 years old and scared.

Yn: Ronnie please.

Ronnie: I don't want to hear it. I'll be back.

Ronnie, Unique and Pernessa got up.

Pernessa: JEROME! Come on baby we're leaving.

Jerome and Ronnie Jr. came running out.

Jerome: Bye Ronnie and Auntie Yn.

I was confused to why he said that. I know I'm Ronnie's baby mama, but that still don't make me his auntie, I just smiled and waved bye.

Ronnie Jr: Daddy you coming back?

Ronnie: Yeah, you'll see me in the morning.

Ronnie Jr: Ok.

Yn: Baby go to bed, I'll be in to tuck you in.

Ronnie Jr: Ok mommy.

Ronnie Jr went to the back and turned to Ronnie.

Yn: You're coming back.

Ronnie: In a few hours, I got a key.

Ronnie walked out with Unique and Jerome. Pernessa turned to me.

Pernessa: Hey I know we weren't the best of friends back then, but I get it. A guy like Ronnie can be difficult, I don't want you to think you did something bad, you did what every mother would do for their kids.

Pernessa walked out. I just stood there crying. I knew I was wrong.