Father's Day Pt.2

Ronnie POV
After picking up Jr from school, we went to the Central Park Zoo. I don't like this place already, people keep staring at me and I see bad ass kids that needs an ass whooping.

Jr: Daddy come on. I wanna see the birds.

Jr grabbed my hand and we was walking to the exotic bird house and I seen a group of niggas that looked too familiar.

?: RONNIE!

I looked to the side and I seen an old friend Rummell.

He came walking up to me and he had a pregnant woman by his side and a little girl on his hip. I used to fuck with Rummell when we ran the streets together, but his ass wanted out and he would've been dead if I didn't take on 5 niggas to protect his ass, even though I don't want anything bad to happen to him, I didn't expect to see his ass for a while.

Rummell: Hey man, what's up? You remember Keisha right?

I looked at her and she looked at me, I just nodded my head.

Ronnie: Yeah. See yall around.

Rummell: Wait man. I heard you just got out after 3 years.

Ronnie: So?

Rummell: So? Nigga, I was trying to find you, how you doing? Come on I know what happened but that was over 5 years ago, I thank you man. You gave me a second chance at life.

Ronnie: I know what I did, but your ass is stupid if you think I forgive you.

Rummell: Ronnie, we been boys since tots. You, Slick even Nique, we had to find out about Slick last year and that was fucked up.

When I got the news that Slick was dead, I can honestly say that was the first time I cried about any other man, when my dad died, not one tear was shed. Slick moved to Tennessee, he came to Rikers and seen me before he moved, said he got jumped out the gang and he was getting a clean job, he took his babymamas and kids and got a house out in Tennessee, but some white men got to him, hung him from a tree. Before he left he said he wanted me to move out there with him, that he wanted me to get my life straight and I was going to take that offer, but it's too late.

Ronnie: Look, I have to go.

Rummell: Wait you met Keisha, this is my daughter Deyja and as you can see Keisha pregnant again.

I looked at Keisha and the little girl.

Ronnie: How old is she?

Rummell: She's 3.

Ronnie: Nice, we have to go.

Rummell: Wait who is this little guy? Nique son?

I looked down at Jr and he looks up at me.

Ronnie: No, this is my son.

When I said that Keisha looked at me and did a smirk. I don't know why, I know she didn't tell me she was in a relationship with Rummell too and how she was fucking us both.

Rummell: Wow (chuckles) I seen it all, Ronnie had a son (smiles) Wait? He looks a little like Yn the girl you used to mess with.

Jr: That's my mommy name.

Rummell: Wooow. Nice to meet you little man, I knew your mommy and daddy for a long time.

Jr: Really?

Rummell: Yeah. Ronnie, the kids should get together sometime.

Ronnie: (scrunched face) Nigga my son is 5 and your daughter is 3. What would they do?

Rummell: Well with you and Yn back together, do yall want more kids?

I just stayed quiet. I need to get used to the fact I got one kid, he talking about more.

Ronnie: I don't know about all that now.

Rummell: Well, besides the kids, after Slick passed, I thought about finding you, but everyone from the old block said you were doing life.

Ronnie: A cop lied on me.

Rummell: Damn.

I heard my name again and I seen it was Terrance calling me and walked up to us with April and their baby.

Rummell: DAMN! BIG T!

Terrance: Rummell? What's up man?

They pounded each other's fists and Terrance saw Keisha and got quiet.

Keisha: Well hello Terrance.

Terrance: Oh hey.

I didn't know Terrance knew Keisha. April's body language changed when Keisha said hi. 

Rummell: Ronnie was just telling me how him and Yn back together and they got a son.

Terrance: Oh (looks at Ronnie) Yeah, seems like they patched up their issues.

Rummell: Yeah, that's real love and it's the past. I'm surprised Yn was still riding for him while he was doing time but look at God.

Terrance still had his eyes on me. Technically I didn't say that Yn and I were back together.

Rummell: Yeah, but fellas, my number still the same, please call and we gotta get together sometime, get some drinks and shit. We got to go though, I can tell baby girl impatient.

Keisha looked at me again and I kept my eyes on her. I hope this is not another situation like Yn.

Terrance: Alright see yall later.

Rummell and Keisha walked off with their kids, hopefully, it's his kids because Yn will kill me, but I'm curious about Terrance and his relationship with Keisha too.

Terrance: So, you and Yn back together now?

Ronnie: I didn't tell him that.

Terrance: You didn't correct him either.

I just stayed quiet after that. It was true, I could've just told Rummell that I just found out almost four days ago I was a dad and that Yn didn't tell me she was pregnant, she left New York for a couple of years and came back, but honestly who would fucking tell that story. 

Ronnie: Yeah, so you know Keisha?

When I asked that question, I knew I hit a nerve by the way he looked at me, looking like I was about to reveal a secret that I didn't even know yet.

Terrance: Baby, take the kids to see the lions, I seen some cubs over there.

April looked at Terrance and me, grabbed the kid's hands, and walked to the cages.

Terrance: (sighs) Look it was a few years ago before I heard you went to prison, I started dating April, but a lot of shit got on my nerves about our relationship. I saw Keisha at her uncle's bar where she was working and I was telling her about me and April and she was telling me how she was upset with how y'all was messing around and you didn't even do half of the things you did with Yn with her. 

Ronnie: Duh, I was with Yn.

Terrance: I know and I told her that, we kept drinking and one thing led to another. I heard she was pregnant about a few months after it happened, but I thought it was by you, I didn't know she was with Rummell, but I don't know if the little girl was mine either. 

Ronnie: Damn man.

Terrance: Yeah, but now we ran into them, it's only a matter of time before word gets out and everyone knows about you and Keisha's history.

Ronnie: Yeah but she got a big mouth and the big mouth crew probably knows about yall too.

Terrance: (smacks teeth) How we gonna tell Yn and April?

We ain't friends, but we are men, we know we're deep into some shit now.

AN: Vote and comment.