25

Taylor ate only half of her meal as she played with the rest of the food on her plate while waiting for Tom to finish his own plate and salad. She wasn't really hungry, and it's not like she can eat as she thought about how things are gonna end later with her and Tom.

“You don't like it?” Tom asked when he noticed the food that was left on the blonde's plate.

“I do, I'm just full.” Taylor said with a reassuring smile as the British actor just nodded and continued to eat his salad.

Taylor looked around the restaurant. No one seems to care who each other was as all of them were focused on their food and who the person they have the same table as, and Taylor was thankful they didn't care who she was right now.

Tom finished his food and gave a huge tip to the waiter as Taylor felt bad for making him pay for all of their dates but Tom always insisted that he's the one who has to pay.

He held Taylor's hand as they headed out of the Italian restaurant, heading to Tom's car while walking side by side. At this point Taylor's hand was cold from nervousness and she didn't know if Tom could feel it since he was holding her hand. Tom opened the door for her as she got in.

“Thank you.” Taylor said in a soft tone.

“No worries, love.” He smiled before getting in his own seat on the driver's seat.

While they were driving around the city into Taylor's apartment. Taylor tries to think of reasons or how she's gonna confront Tom about it like ‘Hey I think we should break up because I like someone else.’ or ‘I don't know if we can see each other anymore because I'm actually in love with my best friend.’ seems too cruel, Taylor thought.

When they finally arrived at Cornelia Street where Taylor's apartment was. Tom pulled up in front of it.

“Here we are, Tay.” Tom smiled as he looked at Taylor with a smile before unlocking his seatbelt and was about to get out of the car but Taylor stopped him.

Tom.” Taylor said, her voice was clear.

He went back to his seat as Tom raised his eyebrows, curious what the singer was going to say.

“Yes?” Tom asked.

Taylor looked down on her hands as she felt her hands getting even colder.

“I'm- can we…uh-” Taylor said, stuttering as she couldn't find the words to say it to the older man.

“You can say it, Taylor.” Tom said, looking at Taylor.

“I think we should break up.” Those two words that came out of Taylor's mouth was the answer to Tom's questions on why she looked so nervous tonight and been so distant the past few days.

“Hmm…is that what you want?” Tom said calmly and Taylor expected him to be mad at her and yell like her last Boyfriend but he didn't.

“Yeah. I'm sorry, Tom. I tried to- but…I think you deserve someone better than me.” Taylor says. She already felt so bad for Tom after all those months he had spent with her.

“Well- if that's what you want, I understand.” Tom said. Taylor was confused on why Tom has still been calm.

“You're not mad?” Taylor asked.

Tok chuckled before looking at Taylor who was so confused.

“No, why would I be? I see how you stare at her, Taylor. I think you'll be happier with her.” Tom said smiling. It was true that whenever Tom would notice how Taylor would look at a certain brunette, she seemed happier than when Taylor was with him. It did hurt for a bit when he realized it, but Tom learned they're not meant for each other.