𝓑𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝔁 (𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓞𝓷𝓮)

Summer days in Derry were some of the best days I could have ever imagined having in the course of my 15 years living here. Now 16. Today was my 16th birthday and it didn't honestly feel any different. The square was littered with friends from school, mainly Beverly, Richie, Eddie, Ben, Bill, Mike, and Stan. And of course, my brother and the gang. I didn't want to have anything at our house in fear of dad finding out any further information about Patrick and I. It would only end in a blood bath. And I wasn't exactly in the mood. They stayed at opposite ends because I told Henry he wasn't going to bully my friends out of this one. Although since the rock fight he's really had it out for them, even more than usual, I wasn't going to let him dictate who I can and can't be friends with.

"Look at you Princess. Ready for your big night tonight?" Shivers coursed down my spine in tingling anticipation of what was to come once this was all over for the day. Patrick knew he was driving me absolutely insane. And judging by the way he was eyeing me, it was only building up traction for him as well.

 And judging by the way he was eyeing me, it was only building up traction for him as well

"You know I am

"You know I am.... Why do you think I'm wearing this?" His little smirk and lick of his lips got me in all the right places and this was becoming torturous, waiting for the party Mrs. Hockstetter so kindly pulled together for me to end. She even made my cake! I had just been sitting on the empty stage usually used for events in Derry, the last one having been the night of the 4th of July, the night Belle disappeared. I couldn't get it out of my head. She should be here.....

"Well don't get all girly on me when I give you this. But, I saw this and thought it screamed you. Well, screamed for me to use it on you anyway." I rolled my eyes with a chuckle leaving my once saddened lips, before opening the little box he had wrapped for me. And on the inside, was a zippo lighter with the coolest design. A creepy style hand that seemed to grow into dark leaves with thorns. But a rose shown perfectly on the tips that really did scream me.

"You really do know the way to a girls heart Patty

"You really do know the way to a girls heart Patty." I know he hated when I called him that with a strong passion, but I did it anyway just to annoy him even further. He knew I always did it on purpose, and he knew it was yet another way of me defying him. His eyes said it all, like he was going to do something to me right then and there, hence the sharp piercing of his lips, the squint of his eyes, and the clenching of his hands.

"Just wait until tonight Princess. Just wait...." He looked around to see if anyone was eyeing us, bursting with the sudden urge to show me a little teaser of the night's festivities. With no eyes on us, his hand quickly made work tangling into my once styled hair, yanking my head back sharply without hesitation. The yelp that left my mouth was quickly covered by his hand on my neck, only growing tighter by the second, before suddenly releasing with a smirk back firmly on his lips, jumping off the edge of the stage and walking further out into the park to surround himself with the guys. But leaving me with wetness in my lace underwear and a racing heart. My clit throbbed from his mere touch still lingering on my neck, the feel of his hand tangled in my hair absolutely euphoric.

"Happy Birthday Leslie!" I jumped a little from the sudden sight of Bev and the gang standing directly in front of me, hoping I wasn't projecting what I was truly feeling. I felt like a complete hot mess at the moment, but smiled in happiness nonetheless that friends were here. I was nervous they wouldn't show because of Henry. But they didn't let that stop them.

"Thank you guys! I'm so glad you're here." I jumped down to hug each and every one of them, kissing their respective cheeks one by one once I noticed Patrick's eyes firmly on me, what I knew was his now darkest look yet. He looked rather peeved to be honest. Like he was stalking his prey. And I loved it.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world. Besides, you look smokin in that dress..." But before Richie could say another word, Eddie smacked him across the arm with a sharp look of disgust on his face. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Calm it down Tozier. I'm pretty sure your compliments won't get you anywhere." Bev said with a little humored smile on her lips, before hugging me tightly to her, extending something to me that Ben handed her once we pulled apart.

"We all chipped in and made this for you. We all know how much you love your pictures." I made quick work of opening the box, to find the most beautiful wooden frame laying within that made my eyes water from the mere gesture.

"Guys

"Guys..... this is amazing. How did I get so lucky to find friends like you?" We all clambered in for a group hug, one that I wouldn't soon forget. Tears stung my eyes from the moment that it hit me, just how lucky I truly am to have a strong relationship with all of them. Even with Henry tormenting them nonstop, they still never left my side.

"Ones that put up with your crazy ass." I playfully slapped Bev on the arm before kissing her on the cheek in the most dramatic way imaginable, hearing everyone's laughter surrounding me. The day seemed to fly by, enjoying burgers and hot dogs, then the most amazing cake imaginable by Mrs. Hockstetter. My dad was even having a good time. It was surreal to say the least. But the whole time, my eyes couldn't stay away from Patrick, his smirk, his demeanor, just..... him. My mind wondered to endless possibilities for what was to come when we finally got to be alone. And the anticipation was killing me.