Chapter 30: Mr. Gu seemed to be... smiling just now.

"You, you, you are not allowed to laugh!"

Li Beiye blushed and yelled, fearing that Shen Qiuyu would be disobedient, so he raised his hand and pressed his cheek again.

Shen Qiuyu did not escape and was pinched by him.

Li Beiye kneaded it like a glutinous rice cake. He was so strong that it caused a thin red mark on Shen Qiuyu's cheek and a slight pain.

Shen Qiuyu slapped his hand away unhappily, dragged the wooden stool back half a step, with a "crazy" expression on his face, and stopped smiling.

Li Beiye also realized that something was not right about his actions. He snorted and tucked his hands back into the bed without leaving a trace. In a corner where no one could see him, he gently rubbed his fingertips, as if recalling the delicate touch of that short moment.

He was a little stunned.

Why does Shen Qiuyu's skin look like that of a woman? There is no stubble. It feels so comfortable to hold it...

Shen Qiuyu: "Li Beiye?"

Li Beiye woke up and looked a little strange.

He suppressed the strangeness in his heart and looked at the box of porridge and side dishes by the door. He sat up slightly and pointed at the porridge on the locker at the door.

"Did you do that?"

Shen Qiuyu was afraid of revealing his secrets, so he didn't dare to say it was a takeaway.

He said: "It's for you, but you probably can't eat anymore. I'll give it to Ah Hui later -"

"Who says I can't eat it?"

Li Beiye interrupted him eagerly and said, "Bring it here."

Shen Qiuyu brought it to him. Li Beiye drank the water in a gulp, covered his mouth and burped, and said disgustedly: "Why is it not as delicious as before? Don't cook it so thick tomorrow."

Shen Qiuyu agreed, but in his heart he was thinking about changing to another porridge restaurant.

Unexpectedly, just as he was thinking about it, Li Beiye shouted out a list of dish names again, which made Shen Qiuyu want to spit out the fragrance.

Li Beiye has this kind of money, why not find a private chef? He has to torment someone who doesn't know how to cook.

Shen Qiuyu was forced to write it down and planned to go to the hotel to buy it tomorrow.

Not long after, Fang Yaxue and Ah Hui returned to the ward.

After Fang Yaxue sat down by the bed, she peeled fruit for Li Beiye. The two of them chatted about interesting things from their school days. They were high school classmates and they didn't notice the people around them when they talked about the past.

Seeing that nothing happened without him, Shen Qiuyu secretly prepared to leave early. When he slipped out the door, Ah Hui turned to look at him and raised his foot to follow, but was stopped by Li Beiye.

Li Beiye stared at Ah Hui with his green eyes, pointing to the wooden bench in front of him with a dark face.

"Come and sit here."

Ah Hui: "?"

Ah Hui walked back without knowing why, met Li Beiye's panicked green eyes, and suddenly shuddered.

*

Shen Qiuyu turned around the corridor and went downstairs. Suddenly he felt a little hungry. He wanted to eat Thai spicy and sour lemon shrimp, Tom Yum soup, and New Orleans grilled wings.