10

I sighed as I got out of the car and made my way out for my little girl. She's only 3 and she's the best thing to ever happen to me. Even though we aren't as fortunate enough.  I try my best. We got inside our small apartment and I took off my baby's winter coat. "Alright, Angie sweetie go to watch TV in the living room while I start dinner." The whole ride home she kept saying she was hungry so I'm just gonna make something quickly. I kissed her head before she ran off. I put her coat on the rack and did the same with mine. I headed to the kitchen and thought about what to make. When I opened the freezer I saw a small whole chicken, burritos, and chicken nuggets. I pulled out the chicken nuggets and burritos. " we both can get one burrito and some chicken nuggets." I mumbled to myself "Mommy! I'm hungry" Angie said from the doorway to the kitchen. I looked at her and smiled "How's burritos and dinosaur nuggets sound?." she didn't get excited like she normally does with dinosaur nuggets. She then just walked away. "That was weird... " I said as the phone rang. I put the food down on the counter and went to pick up my phone. "It's her birthday" the caller spoke. I was quiet as I glanced toward the living room. "You know what must be done. For our sav-..! " I hung up. I don't believe in that crap anymore. It was just a stupid cult I joined when I was a teen. I had nowhere else to go as a runaway. But what scares me is, how'd they get my number, how do they know I have a kid? I left and never told anyone I was pregnant. I shook my head. "They can't do anything to us. We're safe inside. " I went back to the kitchen and put the burritos and nuggets on a pan then into the oven. I went to the pantry and looked around before looking down at the chemicals. I started to wonder which one had no taste. I shook my head and immediately left the pantry just in time to hear my time go off. "Was I standing there for 20 mins...?" I said in shock. I went and pulled the pan out. I went washed some plates and then dried them off. "Sweetie dinner is ready! " I made our plates and set them down at the table just as she came over from washing her hands. We both ate in silence which was unusual for her. When we finished I took her plate and just as I turned my back she said " I'm still hungry " I looked back at her "We don't have anything else sweetie. Mommy has to go shopping tomorrow. " I'm. Still. Hungry." She said in a demanding voice. I put down the plates and turned around. I then see her turn off the lights. "That isn't nice Angie! ". Then a full-grown man's voice said "I'm still hungry Mommy" I started to freak out. "Angie!? Angie sweetie!?! " I was grabbed by the neck. "That small cretin is no longer with us. " I heard the man say as I was picked up off the ground slowly getting choked to death. I kicked and clawed to avail. I soon shut my eyes as I cried knowing I wouldn't see my daughter again.