13

"There will be divine intervention! God is coming to judge you all! " the patient screamed frantically. He isn't the first to act in such a way. I'm new to this facility and I have to interview the patients. Once I talked to everyone else I was face to face with the godly one. As soon as I asked the first question it was only about god. "Hello, I'm Grace what's your name?" I questioned. The thing stared for a minute. "I am Joseph, God's disciple! I am not to be here! I must withdraw myself from this house of madness! Thus being able to preach the word of my god! " I was foolish and decided to mess with it. "Enlighten me, cuz I don't think god exists." I chuckled a bit. He stared at me blankly once more. "I will save your soul from damnation! Young one! " I scoffed a bit before replying. "Let's start with this. Why are you a Christian? " he stared blankly for a third time before responding. "I am a Christian because the mighty lord came and spoke to me one night and saved me from my own hand! " I leaned back in my chair before speaking. "How is he so mighty?" I blankly stared then spoke his voice sounding more agitated. "He is mighty because he created the universe and he created us. " "Then who created him?" I said all snarky. He had a blank stare again. "It doesn't matter who created him! All that matters is he is our only salvation!" He said angrily. "Why does 'oUr SaViOr' let his children suffer? Hmm? Explain that" at the time I thought this was funny. "He has to have them suffer for his grand plan he has set out for every single one of us." His tone was cold now. I sat up. I was gonna do one more thing before I ended our conversation. So I looked him dead in the eyes and said "Your god doesn't exist. He's imaginary. To make yourself feel more powerful." I couldn't help it and I laughed, right at him. Once I was done laughing I opened my eyes and looked over. The crazy man was gone. In its place was a monster of which I could have never fathomed. It lunged at me in just a few seconds I felt eternities worth of pain. And now as I lay here every bone in my body broken all I want is death.