15

"It. wasn't. him.. "

    A week before me and my crew went back to earth. I had one of my men go out and do a bit of maintenance. The other 3 were cleaning the inside. After the cleaning was done we went about our normal routine.
     About 2 am according to my watch. I heard a thud in the bathroom. About 3 others from my crew were gone. "Please don't let them be doing anything inappropriate."
     The one other crew member had woken up and was now standing next to there bed. I crept over to the bathroom door. I flung the door open only to see 2 of my crew members. dead on the ground. Their bodies distorted to unrecognized length.
      I looked at the other 'crew member'. The one who had gone outside for maintenance. Their arm stretched out beyond belief. I shut the door in panic. It's back was towards the door. It didn't seem to notice me when i saw it eating my friends. My crew. My own temporary word.i turned and went over to the last one in my crew.
       With fear and disbelief in my voice. "It. Wasn't. Him... "  she looked into my tear filled eyes, she knew i wasn't lying. She started to cry realizing what i ment. Then the door creaked behind me. I could hear it's heavy breathing. I saw my friends eyes move up and her face fill with terror.
         She back up screaming and crying that she didn't want to die. I didn't dare turn around. I didn't want to see the mutilated face of one of my friends. The pain in my chest from grief was quickly over shadowed by the physical pain of my heart no longer in my body.
         My ears ringed as my friends Screches. At least the grief is gone in her body to. Not even a couple seconds go by. Her screams had stopped and as our blood mixxed i fill myself get pulled away by eternal sleep.