Prologue

Lalisa walked towards the headphones that were resting on the large table in front of the glass wall

Lalisa walked towards the headphones that were resting on the large table in front of the glass wall. After listening to the same part of the song for the fifth time, the instructor couldn't say for sure what was missing for it to be complete.

The older woman put the headphones to her ears and nodded for the music to be released. Listening carefully to the voice and the melody, she smiled to herself as she realized what was missing.

She raised her arm and snapped her fingers for the music to stop again. The singer, who was a young man of 17, also took off his headphones and looked at Lalisa.

- I'll release the sound inside. - said the instructor, pressing one of the many buttons there, all connected to wires and speakers.

- Dong-hae, second verse repeat for me. - Lalisa listened carefully again to the boy's voice, the difference being that now there was no beat or music in the background, it was just his voice. - Do it again. - she asked, closing her eyes.

Lalisa put the background music back on and asked Dong-hae to sing, the same one, of course. He obeyed on the spot.

She went into the room behind the glass to talk to her newest talent in the music world.

She explained to him that his note was wrong, it sounded off-key, and the music didn't suit him either, so Lalisa helped him with the vocals at the same time as helping the instructor to make sure he got the melody right.

And after a few long minutes, Lalisa returned behind the glass, smiling.

- I understand why this record label is so popular. - said the instructor after releasing the song again and seeing that there was nothing missing, it was complete.

Lalisa stood up and clapped her hands for Dong-hae, who smiled so cheerfully that it infected everyone. She saw so much success in him that it was hard to hold back her words with him, but she knew that knowing these things too soon could do a lot of damage, so she just molded him, and of course reminded him of the talent he had.

After a full day at work, all Lalisa could think about was resting. When she closed her eyes, she imagined her beautiful bed and bathtub waiting for her at home.

The next day would be full again, she had just opened a studio in Australia and needed to go there to meet her new employees. One thing that everyone admired about Lalisa was that she really didn't need all this contact with the employees, of course we see very inferior people out there who aren't capable of saying good morning to those who are there every day to serve you.

Lalisa was different and everyone knew it, and in fact this made her one of the most sought-after people in that environment, her success lived up to the person she was.

Hearing only her heels click against the floor of the parking lot, she went to her car and was soon in it, starting it up and driving off through the streets of Korea, noting that it was already late.

Lalisa didn't want to admit to herself that she had other reasons for practically living in her job, yes she had her own problems to deal with, problems that she tried to ignore.

Soon she was in her apartment, a spacious but cozy place in her eyes.

She left her keys and handbag on the table, her body begging for a long, hot bath with the best salts money could buy.

Back in her room, she took off her T-shirt and tied her long blonde hair on top of her head. After taking off the rest of her clothes, she walked to the bathtub, putting one leg in first to feel the temperature.

Her body relaxed as she came into contact with the hot water and a brief moan came from her lips.

The ringing cell phone snapped her out of her pleasure trance and she complained to herself after picking up the phone.

- Hi Lala. - It was impossible not to smile when she heard her best friend's voice.

- Hi Jennie, how are you? - she said, relaxing again in the bath.

- It's been two days since I've had any contact with you, I didn't even know you were alive, and out of the blue I get a plane ticket to Australia? - she repeated the last word.

- I'm really sorry Jennie, as much as you're exaggerating a bit, you know I was finishing Dong-hae's first album, and about the ticket I was going to warn you, I was a bit busy today for that.

- Okay, but back to the point. Are you going to Australia tomorrow? - she repeated again with emphasis on the last word.

- Yes, and I'd be really happy if you went with me. - Lalisa didn't like traveling alone, of course she would have her team, but without someone who really knew her from kindergarten it wouldn't be the same.

- Do you think I could just leave my things here and go to Australia?

- What a thing Jennie, your college is on break and you complained to me like a week ago that you were bored at home.

- That's fine since you're asking, or should I say begging? - Lalisa laughed at Jennie's way of talking, they loved picking on each other.

- You won't regret it, I promise you, I don't intend to stay there just for work this time.

- Finally, Lalisa Manoban, the owner of South Korea's largest production company, is going to start living.

- You're not exaggerating at all, are you?

- All right, queen of mixes, come by my house early tomorrow morning and explain all this to me, I'm going to pack my suitcase.

- Thank you, princess. I'll be there in a little while, since it's one o'clock in the morning.

- No problem, you kind of pass out on airplanes.

- It's better than spending the trip dying, isn't it, so I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay, I love you.

- See you tomorrow, Lala.

Lalisa hung up the phone and slept peacefully that night, as she had thought nothing would be the same without her best friend there, even if she hadn't expected anything much from the trip.