Page 6: Longing

It was Eva's birthday, and Tony had arranged a private booking at a fancy restaurant, which all the Avengers where set to attend.

Eva walked in, wearing a short, tight, but beautiful black dress.

The birthday girl was alone, and Loki sat at the bar. He knew Eva was bringing her date, Derek. And he couldn't watch.

Eva sat at the main table, talking to Tony and Pepper, her date far from anyone's mind.

Until, a man came rushing in, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, clearly out a place and out of breath as he went to their table and started rambling on, which caught the attention of the Avengers.

It was Eva's yelp, that caught Loki's attention from his whiskey. He turned and saw Eva standing and covered in water, with Derek apologizing.

Smirking, the God of Mischief and Lies sent some of his magic at Derek to make the man look even more like a fool, not that he wasn't doing a bad enough job already.

Then he went back to his whiskey.

Thor approached him, with a disapproving look on his face. "Brother no."

Loki took a sip of his whiskey. "I know she's going to be with someone else, but you can't seriously expect me to sit back and watch her be with someone else. Especially not that blundering idiot over there. I can't watch her be with someone else."

Thor shook his head, as he looked back at the Stark family, Derek was now eating like a barbarian.

Derek was picking up food off the table, and devouring it, much to the dismay of Eva.

"Derek! What is wrong with you?" Eva cried out.

Thor sighs, moving to step forward to take care of the mess, a mess his brother had a hand in. But luckily he didn't have to as Steve and Bucky each took one of Derek's shoulders and lead him out of the restaurant.

Turning back Thor looked at Eva.

And Loki looked up from his whiskey, when he heard Eva sniffling.

Loki actually felt bad. He hadnt meant to make Eva cry.

"This is why, you don't let jealousy take over, dear brother." Thor whispered as Loki looks back at his whiskey.

Tony was attempting to comfort Eva, but she shoved him away and ended up making her way out of the restaurant.

"Well. Parties over." Tony announced as he follows after Eva, leaving.

"The room is paid up for the next few hours, we won't hold it over you if you choose to stay and finish your meals." Pepper said with a smile, before grabbing her purse and rushing out to follow Tony and Eva.

Thor goes back to his brother. "How do you feel?"

Loki blinked. "She feels terrible."

"Well, her birthday is ruined, which she seemed very excited about. But, how do you feel?" Thor asks again.

Loki looks down at his whiskey. "Terrible."

"I think if you'd just have let it play out, it would've ended up this way anyways." Thor says.

Loki snaps his head up. "What?"

Thor nods. "Steve and Sam both said that he was already acting a fool."

Loki nods. "He spilled the water on her, on his own."

Thor shakes his head. "I'm still worried about Lady Eva. I shall go check on her."