Page 8: It's a Date

Eva was wearing a beautiful sundress, that captured everyone's attention. Especially Loki's.

When she walked by for the first time that day, he sucked in a breath.

"Hey Eves. Thought you had class today?" Tony says as he tilts his head.

She nods. "I do. But I thought I'd stop by before and say hi."

Tony nods. "And ask for...?"

Eva smiled. "Can I burrow one of your cars? I don't feel like walking or taking a taxi."

Tony nods. "Pick whatever one you want. You know where the keys are. Happy can direct you."

Eva nods as she kisses Tony's cheek. "Thanks dad."

Tony nods as he watches her leave, before turning back to his phone. He still had yet to speak to Loki and Eva on what was going on between the two, soulmates or not.

But the Avengers where about to find themselves fighting a new enemy, and unbeknownst to anyone, Eva would be in the crossfires.

                      ~ EVA ~

"Hey Eva. What's been going on with you?" Derek asks as he sits down in front of her at the library.

She looked up from her classwork. "What do you mean?"

Derek shrugged. "We haven't been hanging out lately."

Eva looked around. "I've been really busy. And I got sick recently so.." She trailed off, Tony had made the story that Eva was sick, to cover the Aether and Asgard incident.

Derek nods. "What about us? We've never gone this long without hanging out, since we started dating in high school!"

Eva sighs. "Derek. I just have so much on my mind right now."

Derek nods. "Is it another guy?"

Eva shakes her head. "Derek. No. But, since you bring it up, I think we should take a break."

"A break?" He scoffs.

Eva nods. "Yes. A break. From our entire relationship. I have so much going on with school, I can't focus all my time and effort into you anymore, I have a career that I really want to be in, to focus on. Maybe one day, we can try again, but as for today...." she trailed off, knowing that she had no intentions of ever picking things back up with Derek ever again.

Derek shakes his head. "Your breaking up with me?"

Eva sighs. "If you choose to see it that way, then yes. I prefer to say we split amicably as we both should be focused on our paths right now."

"Whatever. You'll regret this Eva." He said as he stood up and stomped away.

"I for some reason, do not believe that I will." She whispered to herself as she went back to her book.

~ 2 HOURS LATER ~

Eva ended up losing track of time, as she left the library two hours later, walking to the car she'd borrowed from her father earlier.

As she was walking she didn't pay attention to her surroundings, digging the keys out of her purse, before she was unceremoniously clocked on the back of her head with a heavy object as her world went black.

~ HOURS LATER AT AVENGERS COMPOUND ~

FRIDAY had alerted them to the break in and they were all currently searching for whoever it was, that wasn't suppose to be there.

All the Avengers, minus Clint, met in the Common Room, all coming to the same conclusion that no one had found anything.

"Looking for me?" Came a frail older male voice.