three

03. We're Being Punked, Pedro

The triplets, the twins, Nova and Lizzie and Josie, sat in a circle in Dorian's class, everyone holding each other's hands.

"All right, gather around" Dorian instructed, "Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch".

"Boring" Alec mumbled, making Nova, who was sitting next to him, remove her hand from his grip and use it to slap his shoulder.

"Can you for once not be mean?" Nova whispered.

"No" Alec whispered back, once again grabbing Nova's hand.

"Where's Penelope Park?" a curious Dorian asked.

"Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams" Lizzie lied.

"Sorry I asked" a suddenly awkward Dorian said.

"Why do all men get so awkward about periods?" Hope whispered to Mia, who was sitting on her one side while other side was occupied by Asher.

"I have no idea" Mia whispered back, sitting next to Hope and Jayden.

"A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow" Dorian continued his lesson.

Immediately Mia, Hope, Nova, Josie and Lizzie started laughing while the boys shook their head at them.

"Real mature" Jayden teased.

Mia smiled at Jayden, "Thank you".

"Uh no, who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie wondered as a flying note entered the classroom.

"Probably the girls who won the football match despite Alaric specifically saying you were supposed to lose" Asher replied.

"We won fair and square" Mia defended.

"Yeah, the headmaster doesn't care about that" Alec taunted.

"Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman, Asher Salvatore, Alec Salvatore, Mia Salvatore, Nova St. John, Jayden Mikaelson" Dorian read out.

"Wait, why me?" a confused Jayden asked, "Yesterday was my most well behaved day".

"Maybe cause everyone knows that whatever Alec and Asher did, they couldn't have done it without the help of their third musketeer" Lizzie taunted.

"Someone write this day down" an excited Hope said, "It's the first time you've all gotten in trouble but I didn't".

"I can't believe we're about to get in trouble for playing fair" Nova complained.

"Only Alaric Saltzman will do that" Alec taunted, as the group stood up.

"Hope, stop being so smug about this" Asher warned.

"How can I not be smug about this?" Hope teased, as everyone walked out the room.

***

"This makes no sense, dad" Lizzie complained, as the group followed their headmaster around the library, "Why are we being punished?".