Chapter Five: Fight

"So he definitely said no? There's no chance you can't go?" Jon asked her, persisting the point that Uncle Benjen had said no to Lyanna going to the Wall.

Lyanna sighed, glancing out of the window, watching Bran fight Tommen with a wooden sword. Lyanna and Jon her not allowed to fight, whilst Jeoffrey and Bran were there, practicing as well, as they were bastards the two princes were true born royals. That left Lyanna and Jon perched on the windowsill which overlooked where the two padded out boys were fighting badly.

"I told you exactly what he said, Jon," Lyanna muttered sadly, looking over to where Winter and Ghost were laid down, licking each others noses. It was like they knew that they would be separated soon.

Lord Stark had been offered the position of the King's Hand by Robert, an offer her couldn't really turn down. Her father had already sorted out what was to happen to each of his children whilst he went away; Robb would stay in Winterfell with Rickon and Lady Stark and be acting lord; Bran, Arya and Sansa would go south with their father; Jon would go north to the Wall with Benjen when he left. The royal visit would last another week, and then their father would leave with the king and his party and his family would be split.

The only person who Lord Stark didn't know what to do with was Lyanna. Their uncle refused to take her north and she really did not want to go south to King's Landing. Something about what she'd heard about King's Landing was just not appealing to Lyanna like it was to Sansa.

"I wish you were coming with me," He sighed.

Lyanna didn't reply to him, she just focused on trying not to cry. Lyanna still trained when she could. Not just because she wanted to, but because she felt like she had to. She had trained for a month straight, why stop now? Not only that but it felt like she was giving up. She felt like she was quitting a task she had given herself, which was almost like failing. Lyanna hated failing.

Lyanna heard running footsteps and her head turned to see Arya running towards them, followed by her wolf Nymeria. Lyanna forced away her sadness and grinned at her sister as Nymeria ran to her sibling wolves, jumping on both of them.

"Is your lesson finished?" She asked Arya, who pulled a face.

Lyanna and Jon's little sister shook her head. "I took a leaf out of your book and walked out," Lyanna chuckled and so did Jon as he ruffled her hair.

"Who's fighting?" Arya asked, pulling herself onto the windowsill in the middle of Jon and Lyanna.

"Bran and Tommen, the worst fight I've ever seen," Lyanna groaned.

"You could easily win," Jon commented, grinning at Lyanna slightly.

"A drunk could beat them," Lyanna sniggered.

"Why aren't you fighting?" Arya inquired. Lyanna didn't bother to listen to what he had to say to Arya as she got up.

"Lyanna!" Jon called. "We can't fight today!" Jon shouted after her but she was out of earshot as she ran though the back doors to where she could see Robb shouting encouragement to Bran as he fought sloppily.

"Lyanna I didn't think..." Robb began but Lyanna cut him off.

"That I'm not allowed to fight today? I'm also not really meant to be fighting at all, so breaking one more rule won't hurt much,"

The fight broke off and Bran came running over to the two of them, smiling like he had won. Lyanna hit his shoulder supportively as he climbed over the fence, out of the fighting ring.

"Lyanna!" She heard Ser Rodrik call her.

"I know," she rolled her eyes. "I'm not allowed to fight today, I'll leave,"