chapter 1: Just Getting Started

It had been days ever since the fall of Beacon Academy, and the atmosphere was heavy with grief and uncertainty.

V was back in Night City, returning for a short time to gather his thoughts and figure out his next move.

V looked around as he drove to see news broadcasts playing on holographic billboards, displaying the aftermath of the attack on Beacon Academy. The devastation was immense, with images of crumbling buildings and injured students flashing across the screens. The city was in a state of mourning; its once vibrant streets were now filled with somber faces and hushed conversations.

"Fuck that bitch," V muttered under his breath, his anger simmering beneath the surface.

"I get it, V," Johnny said from the passenger seat, his voice filled with understanding. "We'll get Cinder for what she's done. We won't let her get away with this." V nodded, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

He knew that seeking revenge wouldn't bring back what was lost, but it was the only way to find closure and restore justice.

"So, why are we back in Night City? I thought we were staying in Remnant for a while?" Johnny asked.

V glanced at Johnny, his eyes filled with determination. "We're back in Night City because I need to talk to Rouge, and she's the only one who can help us track down Cinder. She has connections and information that we need to bring her down. Plus, being in Night City gives us access to resources and allies that we can't find anywhere else."

Johnny nodded, understanding the reasoning behind their return. "Alright, but how will Rogue feel if she saw me outside your head?"

"Guess she would be surprised, considering that she saw you got captured by Smasher and believed you were dead," V replied.

"After that, what's next?" Johnny asked.

"After talking to Rouge, we'll load up on weapons and gear, gather any intel we can on Cinder's whereabouts, and think there's some Tyger claws in Night City, so we might be able to gather information from them. Once we have a lead, we'll track down Cinder and take him out, once and for all."

"But you promised to tag along, Ruby," Johnny remarked.

"I did promise to tag along with Ruby, but I'll make sure she's safe and protected throughout the mission. We won't leave her behind," V said.

"That also includes team JNPR, so that's Jaune, Nora, Pyrrha, Ren, and Ruby," Johnny confirmed.

"Yeah, yeah, we've got the whole team covered," V replied. "We'll make sure everyone is accounted for and protected during the mission. No one gets left behind."

Johnny nodded in agreement, knowing that they had a strong and capable team that could handle any situation that came their way.

"What about Nibbles?" Johnny said, pointing to Nibbles in the back, sleeping.

V looked over at Nibbles and said, "I hope Rouge isn't allergic to cats."

"Don't worry, I was around Rouge all the time, and she never showed any signs of allergies," Johnny reassured.

"Alright then, let's see how the AfterLife is doing," V said.

As V pulled up to the Afterlife club, they could see the neon lights illuminating the entrance. The sound of music and laughter filled the air, indicating that the club was bustling with activity.

"Johnny, hide in my head, don't want people reacting to a dead legend walking around," V said, concern evident in their voice.

Johnny nodded and disappeared into V's consciousness.