Chapter 5: Nomads and Faunuses

With the nomads, Panam and her group had arrived at Kuo Kuana, a town that consisted of only faunuses.

"So this is Kuo Kuana," Saul mused, taking in the sights and sounds of the bustling faunus community.

"Yeah, but I don't think they'll take too kindly to us," Kerry said.

"Why do you say that?" Carol asked.

"It's because some asshole decided to stir up trouble between humans and faunuses, and now tensions are high," Mitch said.

"You know the war?" Kerry asked.

"Yeah, the war between humans and faunuses," Mitch replied. "Read it in a book or something. It's been going on for years, and it's left a lot of resentment on both sides."

"Sounds like Corpo shit," Panam commented, her voice filled with disdain. "Always try to pit people against each other for their own gain."

Saul nodded in agreement, his eyes scanning the crowd for any signs of hostility. "We need to be careful and respectful," he said. "The mayor of the town might just give us a pass to stay here if we show that we're not here to cause trouble."

"That's where we're going," Panam said.

"I thought we were looking for Blake," Jeff asked.

"Blake's parents are the leaders of the town," Panam explained.

"Well, ain't that convenient," Saul muttered sarcastically. "We can use that to our advantage."

As the group walked through the town, they made sure to maintain a friendly demeanor, greeting the locals with smiles and polite gestures, though the faunus were met with some wary glances. They understood the importance of building trust and wanted to prove that they were not a threat.

Despite the initial skepticism, the townspeople gradually began to warm up to them, realizing that their intentions were genuine.

They soon arrived at the town hall, where Blake and her parents were.

"This is the place," Panam said.

Kerry then grabbed the knocker on the large wooden door and gave it a firm knock. The sound echoed through the empty hallway, causing Blake's mother to open the door.

As she looked, she was surprised to see humans standing at her doorstep.

"Wha-who are you people?" she said.

"Don't worry, we mean no harm," Panam reassured her. "We were given a job from a man named V to talk to you and your husband."

Blake's mother hesitated for a moment, her eyes filled with suspicion. "V? Blake did mention him when she came back, but we weren't expecting anyone to actually show up," she said, her voice tinged with curiosity.

"Well, we happen to come and help deal with the white fang problem," Saul said.

The woman then let the group in, introducing herself as Kali.

As they entered the house, Kali's eyes darted between the members of the group. "Blake never mentioned anything about hiring help," she admitted, her tone still cautious.

Panam nodded understandingly. "He couldn't make it here, but he sent us to take his place," she explained.

"Who are you people exactly?" Kali asked, her gaze narrowing slightly.

Panam exchanged a quick glance with Saul before responding, "We are a group of nomads who specialize in dealing with dangerous situations like the white fang problem."