Chapter 12: mistral samurai

It was the next day, training had begun, Oscar Pine and Ruby Rose were training in hand to hand combat, while Jaune, Nora, Pyrrha, Johnny and Ren were watching.

"You know, Oscar isn't too bad with fighting," Pyrrha said.

"Guessing Ozpin and Oscar's memories are merging as one," Johnny said.

During the fight, Oscar managed to land a hit on Ruby straight in her face, causing her to recoil from the blow, getting angry.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Oscar apologized before Ruby punched Oscar back and he landed a few feet away on the ground, which Jaune, Pyrrha. and Nora winced at the sight.

"Ha! Yes! I did it!" ruby exclaimed before looking back at Oscar. "Oscar?"

Oscar groaned as he got up to his feet, followed by Ozpin taking control. "Not bad, Miss Rose. But Oscar doesn't have the years of training that you do. Or I do." he said.

Oscar's body shimmers green as Ozpin engages their Aura.

"Oh, ha, well, maybe we should uh... take a break," Ruby said nervously.

Ozpin then attacked Ruby with a few punches aimed at her head, forcing her onto the defensive until he landed a blow to her face which knocked her back several feet. Ozpin closes the gap with a leap and kicks her in the face. Ruby leaps at Ozpin to throw a left cross which Ozpin evades by ducking and retaliates with a headbutt from below.

"Ouch," Nora winced.

"In the chin.." Johnny said.

"The next time you want to throw a left cross, remember to push off with the appropriate foot. And as always, do be aware of any openings," Ozpin said.

"Gooooot it," Ruby strained as she sat up.

Just then, Ozpin lost control, which Oscar fell to the ground, panting.

"Oh! Hey. Are you okay? Ruby said, rushing to him.

"How is this so exhausting?" Oscar said out of breath.

"Your body isn't used to this kind of training, not to mention generating a defensive Aura on your own. It takes intense concentration at first, but in time it will become second nature, allowing you to deflect attacks and gradually heal your wounds. After that, you can begin focusing on your Semblance, whatever that may be." Ren said.

"Semblance?" Oscar asked.

"You know! Like your very own superpower! Everybody's got one. It's just a matter of finding it and mastering it. Ruby moves super fast, Electricity makes me stronger, Ren can mask emotions, Pyrrha can move metal, Johnny can glitch his body, and Jaune... can, uh, um. Hmm," Nora said before getting to him.

"I can't do anyth—" Jaune said before ruby spoke.

"Jaune's like you!" Ruby said as she took Oscar by the hand and led him over to Jaune.

"Jaune's been having difficulty trying to find his, but he is doing his best," Pyrrha said.

"Cool," Oscar said.

"A common philosophy is that a warrior's Semblance is a part of who they are. Some say your personality and character can define your Semblance while some claim that it is the other way around. Of course, there are still many who don't see a connection at all." Ren said.

"It's hard to know when you know sometimes. Ren's Semblance was unlocked from intense stress," Nora added.

"I gain mine from battles," Pyrrha said.

"And mine kicked in during training one day," Ruby said.

"And what about you?" Oscar asked Nora.

"Oh. Struck by lightning. Didn't die. Craaaazy Thursday." Nora said.